+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can't pull/hold vacuum

Post Likes

can't pull/hold vacuum

Bought 2 Appion core tools, BluVac, 1/2" Appion hoses and cannot get below 2000 microns on a 2.5 ton resi split.

Came home and nothing holds vacuum!!!!!

Right now had hose with vac pump on 3/8" and BluVac on 1/4" end, blank off pump with 80 microns and soars quickly with no end in sight.

Basically same with other hose, both CRTs and the metal vac connection piece.

It could be the blank off on the pump, but tried manifold, regular hoses and no difference.

And I am using Nylog.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    On a system in the 1200-2000 range you will see a holding pattern depending how jacked up it has been previously IMO. POE systems are even worse. From what I've seen once you clear 1100-1000 it gets a steady drop again. The thing that I noticed with other gauges is in that range most will pull right thru it and some will show no rise even when there is. Expect some extra time if your gonna do it by the book now that you have an excellent micron gauge. You're simply not going to pull a XX second vacuum on a typical system HTH
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    On a system in the 1200-2000 range you will see a holding pattern depending how jacked up it has been previously IMO. POE systems are even worse. From what I've seen once you clear 1100-1000 it gets a steady drop again. The thing that I noticed with other gauges is in that range most will pull right thru it and some will show no rise even when there is. Expect some extra time if your gonna do it by the book now that you have an excellent micron gauge. You're simply not going to pull a XX second vacuum on a typical system HTH
    What about the inability to get a low vac on just the components themselves NOT connected to a system?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    My pump will only pull 50-60 unless its real fresh oil and even then its not much lower for very long. Other gauges will show very low hooked like this from what I've seen plus they hang down there if your watching for a rise some will even drop ... You too?? Do you have a different gauge to compare?
    80 doesn't seem that bad plus these are new BIG hoses. Try and pull them down overnight to help knock the new out of them.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Hook your blu vac to an empty recovery tank and it should pull down quickly and hold.
    It was probable leaking through the blank off valve testing it directly to the pump like that.

I had a compressor changeout recently that wouldn't get below 2,000, it would just stall out.
    Broke the vac with nitro 2 times and still wouldn't budge, purged one last time and BAM dropped down to 300 no problems.

Post Likes
    i found the appion to take a few hours of a combination of vac. &
    using with refg. to off gas the material they are made of. been using them
    about 6 mo. now with no problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stomper56 View Post
    Hook your blu vac to an empty recovery tank and it should pull down quickly and hold.
    It was probable leaking through the blank off valve testing it directly to the pump like that.

I had a compressor changeout recently that wouldn't get below 2,000, it would just stall out.
    Broke the vac with nitro 2 times and still wouldn't budge, purged one last time and BAM dropped down to 300 no problems.
    Pardon my ignorance, but when should one brake the vac with nitrogen, only when ur having problems droping the microns? Also what is the acceptable rise on your micron gauge, assuming you have no leaks?

Post Likes
    Here's a pretty good article. Vacuum Training
    O & M HVAC/R Tech

Post Likes
    Welcome to the world of the BluVac!!!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Txvman;13692221]Here's a pretty good article. Vacuum Training[/QUOT

Thanks man!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    Welcome to the world of the BluVac!!!
    ?

Post Likes
    OK, I got a question too! I built a vacuum rig to do better and faster vacuums. It consists of new Yellow Jacket 3/8 vacuum hoses and a three way distributor. Vacuum pump is only a few months old and oil had been changed. I pulled a vacuum on a Masterbilt three door dairy cooler and it took about an hour to get to 300 microns. I know that was NOT right! I brought the rig home, changed the oil and hooked it up to a 30# recovery tank. I pulled a vacuum to about 60 microns (JB DV-22N) for a couple of hours and then blanked off the vacuum pump. I plan on putting a hand valve or ball valve in-line in between the pump and distributor. It raised up to about 265 microns and seems to be holding. Is this good? What is this about new vacuum hoses "off gassing"?
    O & M HVAC/R Tech

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in