+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a surprise at breakfast...

Post Likes

Got a surprise at breakfast...

...Uncle Clover shoves a case across the table and says "Enjoy">

It was a new SMAN 4 in the ABM 1 case.

The vacuum rated hoses scheduled to come to day.

Needless to say I am very appreciative to Uncle.

It's slow for the next few days so I can familiarize my self with all the function.

That bring my digital collection up to One SMAN 3, TESTO 557 and a 570 and now the SMAN 4. I guess that completes it.

Post Likes
    I want to be adopted
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    I hope he bought two. Never seen a older feller want a tool so bad as he wanted one of those. He must really love you. Can you shoot some video of how it works in the real world OTJ?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I hope he bought two. Never seen a older feller want a tool so bad as he wanted one of those. He must really love you. Can you shoot some video of how it works in the real world OTJ?
    I would...but I don't own a camera.

Post Likes
    Do you have any accessories and transmitters and are you mainly going to be using it in homes?
    Would like some real world wireless examples if you get a chance. Not a much info out there about how it preforms.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    That bring my digital collection up to One SMAN 3, TESTO 557 and a 570 and now the SMAN 4. I guess that completes it.
    Hmmmm and in all of that, all it takes is one Digi-Cool to make any DRSA collection complete.

Speaking as an owner of a 2006 DRSA-1200, 2007 DRSA-1250, and a 20011 AK900 that all have been used, abused and never been returned for warranty or repair service. You just can kill them no matter how hard you try.
    Last edited by AirTechMech; 02-07-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Hmmmm and in all of that, all it takes is one Digi-Cool to make any DRSA collection complete.

Speaking as an owner of a 2006 DRSA-1200, 2007 DRSA-1250, and a 20011 AK900 that all have been used, abused and never been returned for warranty or repair service. You just can kill them no matter how hard you try.
    I was trying to decide what the over under would be on the first DC post referencing his sentence that his collection would be complete but it's already happened : ).

I'm starting to get worn out on the digital gauges threads and the inevitable DC VS the rest arguments.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post

Hmmm.... I hope you are not trying to derail Uncle Clover's generosity with this post.

Post Likes
    Do you have any accessories and transmitters and are you mainly going to be using it in homes?
    Would like some real world wireless examples if you get a chance. Not a much info out there about how it preforms.
    I would enjoy owning and using the wireless accessories..but they would be costly if left on a job.

The Testo 435 is on my wish list with all the sensors... LOL Uncle heard me say that and said "Dream on".

Post Likes
    I would enjoy owning and using the wireless accessories..but they would be costly if left on a job.

The Testo 435 is on my wish list with all the sensors... LOL Uncle heard me say that and said "Dream on".
    You must type loud for Uncle Colver to hear lol!
    Ok never mind then....... So do the testo 557 and 570 have a shotty manifold or something? I don't get the SMAN4 purchace if it wasn't for wireless since the testo units are far more advanced and accurate in every function. Why not one more of them

Post Likes
    You must type loud for Uncle Colver to hear lol!
    Ok never mind then....... So do the testo 557 and 570 have a shotty manifold or something? I don't get the SMAN4 purchace if it wasn't for wireless since the testo units are far more advanced and accurate in every function. Why not one more of them
    557 and 570 are solid. As far as as the purchase..it was a gift...not that i was no contemplating the purchase of a SMAN 4.

The wireless function is an attraction, but I am just on the fence about the accessories. Will probably obtain them eventually. I would just like to hear how well they do in the field first.

I have the best digitals Testo has to offer. The 570 has a generous amount of useful accessories I can add to the 570...printer ..amp clamp ect.

I took a look at the Hilbarand (sp?) digitals....might go for them. I am very fond of technology and collecting different brands of digitals are an eclectic way to appreciate it.

Post Likes
    557 and 570 are solid. As far as as the purchase..it was a gift...not that i was no contemplating the purchase of a SMAN 4.

The wireless function is an attraction, but I am just on the fence about the accessories. Will probably obtain them eventually. I would just like to hear how well they do in the field first.

I have the best digitals Testo has to offer. The 570 has a generous amount of useful accessories I can add to the 570...printer ..amp clamp ect.

I took a look at the Hilbarand (sp?) digitals....might go for them. I am very fond of technology and collecting different brands of digitals are an eclectic way to appreciate it.
    I really enjoy the various digital gauges for some reason as well and would eventually like to have a collection of sorts. Just need more expendable income first : )!

I was disappointed when the SMAN4 came out because I was really hoping the wireless advancement would mean wireless temp clamps... That would be awesome!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I really enjoy the various digital gauges for some reason as well and would eventually like to have a collection of sorts. Just need more expendable income first : )!

I was disappointed when the SMAN4 came out because I was really hoping the wireless advancement would mean wireless temp clamps... That would be awesome!!!
    That would be cool Mason.

RUSSELL Hargu OR JIM Bergmann

Correct me if I am wrong but wireless clamps would be a technical nightmare to protect against interference. Plus the cost factor they would add.

Post Likes
    Got to tell you, When I first read this heading gauges were the last thing I thought of. I used to get breakfast surprises but not so much after 22 years of marriage. That being said enjoy those smans.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    That would be cool Mason.

RUSSELL Hargu OR JIM Bergmann

Correct me if I am wrong but wireless clamps would be a technical nightmare to protect against interference. Plus the cost factor they would add.
    If you think about it the technical part shouldn't hold them back(somehow we can keep drones flying a world away) but I could see it being expensive.

Plenty of people have spent $1,000+ on combustion analyzers though and gauges are used more often.

You show me a set of gauges that allow for wireless compatibility with indoor WB, outdoor DB and 4 pipe temperatures(2 inside and 2 outside) with tank like durability, a rechargable lithium ion battery and I'll show you a product that serious techs would be willing to spend $800+ for. I know I would!

Post Likes
    amen to that mason!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    If you think about it the technical part shouldn't hold them back(somehow we can keep drones flying a world away) but I could see it being expensive.

Plenty of people have spent $1,000+ on combustion analyzers though and gauges are used more often.

You show me a set of gauges that allow for wireless compatibility with indoor WB, outdoor DB and 4 pipe temperatures(2 inside and 2 outside) with tank like durability, a rechargable lithium ion battery and I'll show you a product that serious techs would be willing to spend $800+ for. I know I would!
    I would love some wireless pressure transducers so all I need to carry is a small digital display. Somehow linking it to a iPhone or iPad would be awesome. I think I remember a thread about that awhile ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    I would love some wireless pressure transducers so all I need to carry is a small digital display. Somehow linking it to a iPhone or iPad would be awesome. I think I remember a thread about that awhile ago.
    There is a product out there that does this. Mark B. posted some info about it after going to AHR expo. If I remember correctly, it was around $3000.00.

A little to expensive for me.

I'm with Mason. That would be a great product. I don't think it's too much to ask. Testo has wireless probes...why couldn't this be done with pipe temp clamps?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    For me personally I wouldn't want the wireless pressure transducers because I'm usually putting my gauges on when there's something wrong with the unit that requires refrigerant work so I would have to take them off.

Post Likes
    Give it a few years and it will probably happen and be affordable.

Sort of off an a tangent here but why not add it to communicating systems. I can't see it adding too much cost, and have it only accessible in the advanced features of the stat. With a wifi stat you would be able to view it from off site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in