Thread: New From South Mississippi

Post Likes

New From South Mississippi

Hello y'all.
    New student here.
    Retired USAF. Worked in electronics on missile systems, communications and data installation, repair and maintenance.
    Needed to get back into the workforce to get my life going forward. Been thru the electrical course at the junior college and have now started the HVAC course. Working on an associates in occupational education.
    The instructor told our class about this site/forum. Figured I'd find the people here to help me further my learning.
    My name is Bobby, but the wife says I always need a blood sacrifice when I working on my cars... Hence the name Band-aid Kid.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Bobby
    the Band-aid Kid
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Band-aid Kid View Post
    Hello y'all.
    New student here.
    Retired USAF. Worked in electronics on missile systems, communications and data installation, repair and maintenance.
    Needed to get back into the workforce to get my life going forward. Been thru the electrical course at the junior college and have now started the HVAC course. Working on an associates in occupational education.
    The instructor told our class about this site/forum. Figured I'd find the people here to help me further my learning.
    My name is Bobby, but the wife says I always need a blood sacrifice when I working on my cars... Hence the name Band-aid Kid.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Bobby
    the Band-aid Kid
    Good to have ya here.
    Reading posts here will HELP your edcuation.
    Good folks also... Well some of 'Em...
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Been looking into the various forums and see I have much to learn.

Bobby

Post Likes
    welcome aboard; you think a car can make you bleed..........................just wait.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    welcome, glad to see another ms guy here
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the welcomes. So far behind the curve. Had a swamp cooler at the grandparents (Ga.) and windows at home (Fl.) while growing up. When I went into the service, the parents got a window unit for the house. Dad left it unplugged for the most part.
    Now a days, we (wife and I) have a central unit and can't seem to live without it.
    Reading the older posts and trying to discern which tools/meters to get that will last and be accurate. Used a lot of Simpsons (260s) back in the service, but I think those may not be as good today. However, the company sent free parts for me to fix mine. Gotta love a company like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in