+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane screw rewind??

Post Likes

Trane screw rewind??

I have a customer with an RTAA I qouted a replacement screw. Of course it went in to the budget, but If I could find a company that rewinds screw compressors and an extremely good track record, that may speed things up. Never had a screw re wound dont know if thats even an option. Or if thats even a good idea. I feel much more confident with off the shelf. Anybody with any ideas???

Post Likes
    I'm sure you could buy a remanufactured compressor and turn the other one in for a core charge.

I would just buy a new one.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    If its grounded, try cleaning the peckerheads. They sweat and give you a false grounded motor reading. Ive cleaned them up and my ground went away.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    If its grounded, try cleaning the peckerheads. They sweat and give you a false grounded motor reading. Ive cleaned them up and my ground went away.
    2nd that..

Post Likes
    I've worked in the electrical and refer trades for well over 25 years, and those motor junction boxes have always been referred to by that term. Does anybody happen to know where that originated?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    I'm sure you could buy a remanufactured compressor and turn the other one in for a core charge.

I would just buy a new one.
    I've replaced several compressors with remanufactured compressors. Works well and you get the factory warranty. I would think it would take longer to send a compressor off to a motor shop for a rewind.

ditto on checking the motor terminals. The compressor can also megg low if the compressor hasn't run for a while and is cold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    I've worked in the electrical and refer trades for well over 25 years, and those motor junction boxes have always been referred to by that term. Does anybody happen to know where that originated?
    I have a related question: Does anybody know why it won't go away???

Post Likes
    I use a local guy here in the Jackson, Ms area for stuff like that and he is real good..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    Good question

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in