+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beware all you handymen

Post Likes

Beware all you handymen

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I don't know if I should laugh or feel bad ha ha, forced to do repairs lol!

Post Likes
    That's the craziest thing Ive ever read. Thats definately a pair of meth heads!

Post Likes
    Ha. I have a good story to tell here.

A couple years ago I visited a first time customer's house. I was there to replace a flue pipe. Before I can do any work (as part of the contract the homeowners have with another company) They need to sign a waiver. She refused to sign the waiver. I explained I am not allowed to do any work for her (at no charge to her!) unless she signs the waiver. All the waiver says is that while we are doing the repair for them today, it is still "owned" by the homeowner and therefore any future repairs or replacements are not our responsibility unless it's a repair needed directly due to the work we did.

She still refused to do the work and demanded that I do the job for her. It is important to emphasize here that she has not, and never will pay a single cent for this service. I told her sorry, and got in my truck. I turned around and saw her bolt out of the house and I mean this is a 400lb white trash woman. She hits her truck with such force that the door got dented because she could not stop her hurling mass.

She opened the door, go the truck, and hit the gas until she was an inch from my truck. The way the area is set up meant it blocked my way out, I had no way of leaving her property as I was parked in the driveway, there was a fence to my right, and a house to my left. She said she would not allow me to leave until I replace her flue pipe. The only issue with the flue here was that it was extended only 12" past the roof, code says it should be 18".

She called my boss and raised hell, called the company she had a contract with (and I was doing this work for) and raised hell. Both explained that she can not illegally detain me and that I was correct not to do work for her without a waiver signed.

She demanded to be moved up the ranks of the contract company. I got tired of standing around and called 911. She freaked out and yelled at the contract company and my boss that I was calling 911 on her. The company she had a contract with said they are voiding their contract. NO, YOU CANT DO THAT! YOU AND HIM HAVE TO DO THIS STUFF FOR ME FOR FREE! She bellowed, to no avail.

The police car pulled up slowly, scouting the area for any problems like they tend to do. And the homeowner sees the police car, freaks out, and starts running like the 400 pound wrecking ball of fury she is towards the police. You can imagine the officer's reaction. "Ma'am! GET AWAY FROM THE CAR! BACK UP FROM THE CAR!" while he called in backup. 3 more police cars came.

I explained to the police once again that I was here to do this work for her, for free, out of the generousity and goodness of my heart. But nay! Not good enough for her!

She wanted to press charges against me. The police were like, what charges? What are you talking about? Right now there's a dozen charges HE can press against you if you do not move! When they called in a tow truck and started talking about taking her to jail, she freaked out and moved her car.

I bolted from that job like a bat from hell. I still have the case number on a police wallet card framed in my office.

Oh, and I always make sure I have lots of space around my truck when I park. LOL

Post Likes
    Rofl!!!

Post Likes
    Yeah when I was doing my gas license they had us do a module on customer service and one of the things that they taught us was to always park the van on the street for those sort of reasons. Also, because children will be less likely to play around and possibly damage the van or try and look inside it. Really though I think they were trying to dumb it down because there is most likely a lot of legal liability reasons behind it.

Gotta love the crazies though. I had a fat guy freak out and take off his shirt to show us a bypass scar he had because we wouldnt move a gas meter and he said because of it we were him stressing out. Im no doctor, but maybe the fact his man titties were bigger than my head might have had something to do with his need for heart surgery.
    Get money, get paid.

Post Likes
    Dem are some big titties
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    That's funny, I was going to post this last week but didn't, honestly because it was literally 3 miles form my house...LMAO.

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in