+ Reply to Thread

Thread: frymaster filter pump motor change out

Post Likes

frymaster filter pump motor change out

please give me any ideas or indian tricks, i will be changing one out next week.. the pump and motor sit sideways at the far back of the fryer and i can not get to it from the back i have to lay under where the filter cart sets , omg... i have changed out pumps before and that was bad enough.... this looks like a pain in my already sore @#$!!!!!
    any ideas from any one who has done it?

Post Likes
    I would do whatever it takes to pull that unit out and go in from the back.Mcdonalds has to be serviced usually after 12.00am.If the fryer went in there's a way to pull it out.

Post Likes
    post up the model/serial number, if its the one i m thinking of, the entire shelf the motor and pump sits on unbolts so you can work on it a little easier, if i remember right. been a while since i ve done one where the motor isnt on the filter cart

Post Likes
    the last frymaster i did, part of the back came off. it still wasnt easy but better than laying on your back in all that gack! guess yours could be differant.

Post Likes

thanks

thanks for the input... i will let you know how it goes.... some days i really like this job.... some days i dont.

Post Likes
    cmon now!!

everyday is a fun day!

say it with me now!

Post Likes

Post Better You This Time Than Me

www.frymaster.com/iframe.asp?...
    pull up your fryer and look and see if there are any service tricks you can see

Post Likes

mission accomplished

got the motor out,,, turns out it could have been worse... fyi....the motor mounts to a cross bar this bar is held on by four bolts they also adjust the hight of the motor so the filter cart will line up ... take them all out and the motor will come out....... wigle wigle etc. un mount the motor and put it all back in .. there is a trick to geting it in i can let you know if you ever need to know it..
    on to more adventures !!!!!!!
    see ya all later .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rluke777 View Post
    got the motor out,,, turns out it could have been worse... fyi....the motor mounts to a cross bar this bar is held on by four bolts they also adjust the hight of the motor so the filter cart will line up ... take them all out and the motor will come out....... wigle wigle etc. un mount the motor and put it all back in .. there is a trick to geting it in i can let you know if you ever need to know it..
    on to more adventures !!!!!!!
    see ya all later .
    I work for a McD franchisee and change those things all the time. The only real trick is to use a hydraulic type roller jack to get the new one in place so you're not trying to hold 40 lbs. with left hand and lining everything up with the right.

Post Likes
    Ditto

Post Likes
    I need to pick up a replacement pump / motor and this one matches my specs :

Baldor 34G040Y214G1 Frymaster 8261756 motor .33 hp new

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Cheapest I've been able to find online is almost twice as much. I've never bought anything off ebay before. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcinroy View Post

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Cheapest I've been able to find online is almost twice as much. I've never bought anything off ebay before. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    The reset button is either missing or pushed into the housing. This could mean a wiring issue.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcinroy View Post

Thanks
    You didn't give a model of the fryer although you noted motor specs. If a gas fryer, then the motor is a 120v. If an electric fryer, could be a 120 or a 208 - I've seen BOTH on electric models. You must get the right one because the motors aren't designed for low or high voltage rewiring. It's one or the other. That 8261756 number in your specs is Frymaster's part number for a 208v motor.

According to the picture, that motor is a 208v, although that detail isn't given in the e-bay ad.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    The reset button is either missing or pushed into the housing. This could mean a wiring issue.
    I can't tell that from the picture. The reset is mounted on the back of the motor and IS susceptible to damage if not properly packaged. Since there's no shaft, only other vulnerable area is the mount foot - which isn't an issue.

The reset CAN be ordered and replaced. Gotta solder the wire connections.

Last note: You should've separated the motor from the pump. If you found oil migration from the pump seal, replace the pump too. Otherwise that motor will fail again soon due to oil and/or moisture migration into the motor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    You didn't give a model of the fryer although you noted motor specs. If a gas fryer, then the motor is a 120v. If an electric fryer, could be a 120 or a 208 - I've seen BOTH on electric models. You must get the right one because the motors aren't designed for low or high voltage rewiring. It's one or the other. That 8261756 number in your specs is Frymaster's part number for a 208v motor.

According to the picture, that motor is a 208v, although that detail isn't given in the e-bay ad.

I can't tell that from the picture. The reset is mounted on the back of the motor and IS susceptible to damage if not properly packaged. Since there's no shaft, only other vulnerable area is the mount foot - which isn't an issue.

The reset CAN be ordered and replaced. Gotta solder the wire connections.

Last note: You should've separated the motor from the pump. If you found oil migration from the pump seal, replace the pump too. Otherwise that motor will fail again soon due to oil and/or moisture migration into the motor.
    If you look,there are three pictures of the motor .One is of the back of the motor.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    If you look,there are three pictures of the motor .One is of the back of the motor.
    Mmmm...time for a long awaited and put off visit to an eye doctor.

Yup, that switch is trashed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in