+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some tin from today.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Take the strap off the supply sweep holding it to the wall, don't need it.
    Around here code says a support or strapping every "feet/inches". Doesn't matter if it needs it or not.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    Around here code says a support or strapping every "feet/inches". Doesn't matter if it needs it or not.
    I think its ten feet. Everywhere.
    Always here

Post Likes
    it's not, it's 26 gauge. Next job you should use, standing slip or bar slip (same)

And you know this how? How did you become the expert on what materials I get from the metal shop? I can go up there and make it out of 24, 26, 30, whatever gauge material I can run through the machine.

I see a garage door. Is it opening to the outdoors?, or just another area of the factory? If it does open up to outside and if they have cool or cold conditioned air going through that duct, it may sweat when warm humid air hits from outside. Insulation?

Take the strap off the supply sweep holding it to the wall, don't need it.

Another part of the warehouse. Hanger is on there, job is done. It was on there for assembly, to keep things level. Sure I could take it off, then I guess I just stick some mystery screws in the holes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    ridged s lock is what I know it as...

Guy that makes our metal, I swear his 26ga is closer to 24ga and his 24 is closer to 20ga metal. The shop that made the metal also made the s'lock(as we call it) Trust me it is plenty stiff. The last ridged S we got sucks compared to the old sealtite stuff we used to get.
    I just said, if he tells you its 26......it's 26
    Always here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinner5150 View Post
    and for an offset you want to keep the length of set over the amount of offset and side of the offset
    Sorry but could you maybe explain that in laymen's terms ?

Post Likes
    I just said, if he tells you its 26......it's 26
    I see.. It says 26 ga on the metal. If I buy store bought metal, that is 26, it is thinner. I know i got some of his metal around, ill measure thickness tomorrow.

I know the SLock is a lot more ridged. The bends are sharp and square compared to what I get from the supply house, it is rounded and flex's a lot more.

Post Likes
    If you need to the set to be 8" and it is 8" deep or wide duct the the finish length of the offset should be 16" it will make for a smooth radius and not choke the fitting

Post Likes
    If you need to the set to be 8" and it is 8" deep or wide duct the the finish length of the offset should be 16" it will make for a smooth radius and not choke the fitting
    Thanks tinner5150,
    I should know my off sets tomorrow or the following day. I will post them here if that's O.K. with jimmyed.

Post Likes
    Not a problem also when you do your spiral job us gripple or gripple type of wire and hangers it will make your life so much easier and faster

Post Likes
    Not a problem also when you do your spiral job us gripple or gripple type of wire and hangers it will make your life so much easier and faster
    I Googled them. Looks easy and nice and clean. No problem with inspectors correct ?

Post Likes
    No problem at all they are usually spec'd by most architects and engineers and pass all codes and are smacna standard

Post Likes
    Gripples are the best thing since sliced bread. I remember when we used to use hanger strap for hanging smaller round duct. What a PITA. We still use rods and saddles/tear drops for larger duct in the range of 18-24" and larger. When the duct gets too heavy for the small surface area of the cable it will actually put a kink in it where the cable chokes around the pipe.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in