+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini ductless best install practices

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes

Mini ductless best install practices

Mini Ductless units are a great source of entertainment and profits these days. This customer told me the unit worked just fine this summer, except that it was not working when he called. The unit had some strange wiring, which consisted of a four conductor cut just outside the piping exit wound in the building, the wire was spliced on two connections to a two conductor piece of romex which was again spliced to a piece of 18 gauge thermostat wire. Who knows what that was about, either way the communication wire to the indoor unit was installed onto the ground screw at the outside unit, and the ground wire was connected to the communication terminal.

Notice the number 10 wire running out separate hole in side of house and then up to the roof. No conduit needed, no insulation needed on the two lines behind the down spouting. If you cannot see the piping does it really need to be insulated, and does the hole need to be sealed shut?

While running a new wire, I removed the downspout (yes consistency) and found this great piping job. Sure this thing ran just fine all summer?

The customer said the guy made the holes with a hammer and chisel now that is cutting edge technology.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Lol oo wow. That's ridiculous and lazy.

Post Likes
    Looks like he used his hammer and chisel as a bender too.....

Post Likes
    Won't that require a new line set?

Post Likes
    wow

Post Likes
    It may be possible to unkink with an adjustable wrench.... maybe not.... not much room and that kink is pretty sharp.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Looks like he used his hammer and chisel as a bender too.....
    Lol awesome!!!!!!

Post Likes
    i would throw up if that was exposed on the side of my house. wall of shame never ceases to amaze me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in