Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infinity control questions

Post Likes

Question Infinity control questions

Hi I am dkirkey28 and I am new to this site.

We have purchased a Carrier Infinity system.
    The furnace is a 96 model-58mvb100-120 (variable speed )
    [b]ran for years with a programable batery back up thermostat
    This year we had installed a infinity48,000 btu model 24anb748
    With n coil-cnpu481 and a infinity-systxccuid01-v/with software131502-2c

I have some simple questions:
    1-because there is no battery-- if the thermostat is programed- min (60 deg.)-On hold-
    We go of on vacation for two weeks. Its winter and the outside temp.
    Dropes to 5 below ( and power -ac)-is lost due to a storm for 5 days

When the power comes back on - ac to the house-what will the thermostat run the
    The heat at.?

2-the air conditioner is two stage-- how many btu's is there when stage 1 is running ?
    --HOW MANY BTU'S IS THERE WHEN STAGE 2 IS RUNNING
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Removed all caps

Post Likes
    omg didn't know i hit the holy graille - seemed like a good question..

Post Likes
    Having a very hard time getting any information from carrier. Carrier doesn't seem to have data sheets on this
    Information. Did find out the compressor is a -two speed scroll compressor- there still has to be a low limit and a high limit. Anyone seen carrier definition of (carrier scroll). It is interesting on how fast carrier is to install and take your money--but very slow getting answers. I would thin carrier would be proud of there product. There pdf data sheets dance around the information.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Removed all caps

Post Likes
    Turn OFF the caps lock

were blind not deaf!!
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes

Lightbulb DKIRKEY28

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Turn OFF the caps lock

were blind not deaf!!
    Iam surprised you as moore interested in my hand-d-cap then answering any of the questions.
    I write in caps due to my hand-d-cap my eyes are bad and it is easier to see. Iam not shouting. With over 65views it appears there is a problem getting answers to simple questions.
    Again iam not shouting. (that and idea ),would shout if i thought
    That it could get carrier to answer the question.
    Please be more concern to your hand-d-cap fellow man/woman
    Dkirkey28
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Removed all caps

Post Likes
    Having a very hard time getting any information from carrier. Carrier doesn't seem to have data sheets on this
    Information. Did find out the compressor is a -two speed scroll compressor- there still has to be a low limit and a high limit. Anyone seen carrier definition of (carrier scroll). It is interesting on how fast carrier is to install and take your money--but very slow getting answers. I would think carrier would be proud of there product. There pdf data sheets dance around the information.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Fixed all caps

Post Likes
    Next time you get a stretch of mild weather and you don't need the system, set the Tstat at whatever you wish. Then go to the furnace and turn the switch/disconnect off. This will in effect be the same thing as a power outage as far as the Tstat is concerned. The see what happens when you flip the switch back on.

I have no idea concerning your other question, but I'm certain Carrier has nothing to hide and knows the answer quite well.

Post Likes
    I have not had that much experience with Carrier, but lately have found their service department much more forthcoming than any other. Most other product out there are really hard to find parts break down and list. Johnson controls told me their Mcquay unit did not have a safety, as I was looking right at it. I am sure some of the Carrier guys on here will chime in here soon to aswer your questions it might just take a while do to most of these company keep a tight rain on such info for survival reasons. They don't want any Tom, Dick or Harry playing tech on their equipment.

Post Likes
    Thank you hurtinhvac for the suggestion.
    Good idea. Will be doing that when the weather is stable. This is a weird year in ill. Right now our high low returns and hum is set for summer.-- Yea -- heat been on sever times.
    Yep i agree carrier would know- i would think that would want us to know.-- There being a stinker.
    You know it is sad that you have to preform your own experiment to get a common question answered.
    Its a interesting statement abmth3 made (survival reasons)
    Dkirkey28

Thank youabrnth3

I hope so.
    Something must be going on at carrier-- the drums are very quiet..

Dkirkey28
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Post Likes

Dkirkey28

Hello,

You're asking a question on the weekends. Most of the pros on this site use it mon-fri so the response rate drops off on the weekend. Be patient.

Your thermostat will keep the programming with a power outage.

What's the model number of your outdoor unit? When your provide this info I can give you exact numbers of 1st stage output and 2nd stage BTU output. Most Carrier 2 stage units are approx. 75% on first stage and the added 25% in 2nd stage. It's not a true 50/50 split. The only two stage system that true 50/50 is the Trane XL20i. Of course, Carrier does offer the inverter compressor which is fully modulating.

This is all relative to your duct system and system design. A poor improper duct system and improper system setup can cause severely decreased BTU output.

Post Likes
    Thank you mr brent rigley
    My originally question was in feb.2013 my second post here was 6-4 2013
    This is my system:
    We have purchased a carrier infinity system.
    The furnace is a 96 model-58mvb100-120 (variable speed )
    [b]ran for years with a programable batery back up thermostat
    This year we had installed a infinity48,000 btu model 24anb748
    With n coil-cnpu481 and a infinity-systxccuid01-v/with software131502-2c

I have some simple questions:
    1-because there is no battery-- if the thermostat is programed- min (60 deg.)-On hold-
    We go of on vacation for two weeks. Its winter and the outside temp.
    Dropes to 5 below ( and power -ac)-is lost due to a storm for 5 days

When the power comes back on - ac to the house-what will the thermostat run the
    The heat at.?

2-the air conditioner is two stage-- how many btu's is there when stage 1 is running ?
    --how many btu's is there when stage 2 is running.
    Do you need more model/sn #

Yes the thermostat will keep the program with a power outage- the question is (if the outage last 7 days
    Will it still keep it ?- I know the clock will be off.
    As and engineer i am aware the duct wurk will change the btu. Lets talk theorical- (no duct) what is stage 1 and what is stage two btu's? - no static pressure-
    Ps great pix
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: caps

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP Residential forum. Where only Pro * Members are allowed to respond to the OP.

Post Likes
    Yes. I need the outdoor condenser model number to give you exact A/C output numbers.

Tip: If you post in the correct section with an appropriate title that will facilitate more valid responses.

Post Likes

Dkirkey28

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Yes. I need the outdoor condenser model number to give you exact A/C output numbers.

Tip: If you post in the correct section with an appropriate title that will facilitate more valid responses.
    thanks
    HAVE A CARRIER INFINITY SYSTEM…24ANB748 WITH A CNPU481 n coil – 2 STAGE AIR CONDITIONER

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post

It is in the correct section now.

Post Likes

Dkirkey28

Cooling.
    First Stage output: 39,000 Btu
    Second stage output: 47,500 Btu

Post Likes
    THANKS BRENT RIDLEY
    I DO APPRECIATIVE YOU AND THE ANSWER.
    WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY CARRIER DOESN WANT TO PRINT THIS INFORMATION.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Post Likes
    MR. BRENT RIDLEY
    DO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT MY QUESTION WITH THE THERMOSTAT SYSTXCCUID01-V- IT HAS NO BATTERY
    IF WE LOSE AC POWER TO THE HOSE FOR 7 DAYS, WHEN THE AC COMES BACK ON --WHAT WILL THE SETTINGS BE.
    HAVE SEEN STATEMENTS ABOUT MFG FALL SETTINGS. ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE SETTINGS WOULD BE. IF THE OUTSIDE TEMPATURE IS
    WAY BELOW 0 WILL MY PIPES FREEZE. I KNOW THE CLOCK WILL NOT BE CORRECT.
    DKIRKEY28

Post Likes
    ONE HEED TO FIX A PROBLEM ONE -ONE ALSO NEEDS TO DOCUMENT THE ANSWER FOR ALL TO SEE.
    WHERE IS IT DOCUMENTED ?

Post Likes
    MR. BRENT RIDLEY.
    READING YOUR TIP: If you post in the correct section with an appropriate title that will facilitate more valid responses.
    IAM NEW TO THIS FORUM-AFTER 340 VIEWS AND 18 RESPONSE-- WHAT POST AND WHAT IS THE CORRECT SECTION'S
    FOR MY QUESTIONS ?-- RE AFTER 7 DAYS NO POWER--
    ALSO -- WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR AN APPROPRIATE TITLE ?-- I AM A RETIRED ENGINEER.

THANK YOU
    DKIRKEY28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in