+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FIELDPIECE LT17A AMP or AC CURRENT Clamp does not read?? HELP!!

Post Likes

FIELDPIECE LT17A AMP or AC CURRENT Clamp does not read?? HELP!!

Hello. I am a novice in the field and had purchased a used, but new FIELDPIECE LT17A. It can read the Voltage (AC/DC), Resistance/Continuity, Temp., etc, but it does not read AMPS nor AC current when using the clamp. I tried to use the clamp with my leads to read the amp on a unit for lab work, but it read 0 while my friend's Klein read 23A on a fan of a 220V unit. I also tried using the clamp to read the AC current of my lamp cord and it read 0. Previously, it was working, but now it doesn't so what gives? Can anyone help guide me to fixing this or what test route to take?? Thank you!!

Update: I tried to test the resistance of the clamp and it fluxuates in readings from 124 to 127 @ 200 range ohm setting. At times it would do that then read OL and then when testing again it would read 124 to 127??? Could the clamp be defective or the meter itself needs to be serviced??

Post Likes
    Have you tried the clamp on a different meter? FWIW, a lot of accessory clamps will not register anything less tha 1 amp, such as a lamp.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Have you tried the clamp on a different meter? FWIW, a lot of accessory clamps will not register anything less tha 1 amp, such as a lamp.
    No. Do all Fiedpiece leads come off to mount onto a clamp? Mostly everyone in the class has the clamp already attached to their meters. I used the clamp to test for amperage on a 220V fan unit, but it read '0' while my buddy's read 23A or so. Anyway to test if the clamp works or not if no one in the class have leads that will attach to it? Also, could my meter be defective with amperage detection????? This is very frustrating because I was unable to finish my lab work tonight in class. Do you think it blew a fuse?

Post Likes
    "Connect the included Fieldpiece accessory head model ACH4 s to the LT17A using the included deluxe silicone leads. Make sure the mter is on the 200mVAC range. Read 0 to 400AAC directly on the LCD. For all other Fieldpiece accessory heads switch the meter to 200mVDC or 2000mVDC range to measure other parameters."

Are you doing this right?

Russel there is a spelling mistake on your website ("mter" instead of meter)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE1NG_RED View Post
    No. Do all Fiedpiece leads come off to mount onto a clamp? Mostly everyone in the class has the clamp already attached to their meters. I used the clamp to test for amperage on a 220V fan unit, but it read '0' while my buddy's read 23A or so. Anyway to test if the clamp works or not if no one in the class have leads that will attach to it? Also, could my meter be defective with amperage detection????? This is very frustrating because I was unable to finish my lab work tonight in class. Do you think it blew a fuse?
    Please call us direct at 714 634 1844. We'll help out. Thanks!

-Russ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    "Connect the included Fieldpiece accessory head model ACH4 s to the LT17A using the included deluxe silicone leads. Make sure the mter is on the 200mVAC range. Read 0 to 400AAC directly on the LCD. For all other Fieldpiece accessory heads switch the meter to 200mVDC or 2000mVDC range to measure other parameters."

Are you doing this right?

Russel there is a spelling mistake on your website ("mter" instead of meter)
    Yes. Seemed like my classmate had it on the wrong setting range and it popped a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Please call us direct at 714 634 1844. We'll help out. Thanks!

-Russ
    Russ...I came by there this afternoon to get it checked. Thank you for the great service!! BTW, LMK if you guys are doing any holiday sales or discount.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in