+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRANE RTHC retrofit

Post Likes

TRANE RTHC retrofit

Hello all,
    On a flooded RTHC I want to rebuilt the electrical panel.
    Do you know if there is retrofit kit to use CH530 instead of UCP2?
    Thank you and best regards,
    CV

Post Likes
    Try Micro Control Systems in Ft. Myers Florida. They can provide a controller to replace the UCP2.

Post Likes
    The UCP2 platform has not been superseded for aftermarket so I do not believe a retrofit kit is currently available for RTHC to CH530, however there is no reason the parts could not be individually selected and installed as a field engineered retrofit. IMHO
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Post Likes
    If you can find a flooded RTHC chiller please let Trane know"............ Cause they never built one. The RTHC was the first falling film chiller built by Trane and has the external economizer on it.
    I have never seen a replacement controller for these but what are the benefits to warrant the expense

Post Likes
    I don't know why you would need to do this, but if you really wanted to, you could piece the control panel parts together. You would also need at least 1 new EXV, and a new liquid level sensor. I don't think there is any way around that.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Dear all,
    Thank you for your answers and sorry for my English.
    By "flooded" I mean that the basement at which the unit is located was full in water.
    I found out that there is no official retrofit for CH530 and I decide to replace main switch, CTs, VTs and local cld module.
    Everything else will be repaired.
    Thank you and best regards,
    CV

Post Likes
    As Tech Rob indicates the liquid level sensor and the exv's will be the problem.
    I have never seen this option in the CH-531 retrofit line up either.
    The only CH-531 retro that I know off is for gear drive or direct drive conversions. Have done many on the gear-drive machines and are very successful for gathering maintenance information and fault finding. Backup support is hard to come by but I have never needed this requirements

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear-Drive Guru View Post
    If you can find a flooded RTHC chiller please let Trane know"............ Cause they never built one. The RTHC was the first falling film chiller built by Trane and has the external economizer on it.
    I have never seen a replacement controller for these but what are the benefits to warrant the expense
    Wow they never built one but boy maybe he found the very first!!!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in