+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need your stubby nut driver set for this one!!

Post Likes

need your stubby nut driver set for this one!!

Showed up for this one, could barely open panel on this one, never mind actually look at it. The lineset is actually touching the electrical box on condensing unit making it hard to slide the cover up. I dont get some people. You have to actually TRY HARDER to F up this bad.... There is about 6 inches of clearance from bushes on other side too....

Post Likes
    old 38En's can't believe they're still chugging

do like everyone else, take the top screw out and bend the door
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    No need to put the ugly side out.

Post Likes
    HOW did the installer make the braze connections?????
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Wait until that liquid line rubs through.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Carrier rounds with spine tube coils .The compressor had a muffler and accumulator on the ones I serviced.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=VTP99;13890911]Carrier rounds with spine tube coils .The compressor had a muffler and accumulator on the ones I serviced.[/QU

I was shocked this one was still running, it DID have a muffler, and accumulator.

The brazing looked like 2 giant balls of solder.

I had no issue getting the cover off, but looking at the electrical components inside was next to impossible. I had to look at the capacitor with my mirror.

I cant wait to replace it and tell em they gotta take the bush down cuz I cant helicopter drop the new one in place.

Post Likes
    I noticed the lower one looks like its had dye put in it. I remember working on those style of units when they were brand new.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaladin View Post
    I noticed the lower one looks like its had dye put in it. I remember working on those style of units when they were brand new.
    yeah, well, about the dye.... I bet its not gonna ruin the warranty on this one! This was my first time out there. I didn't touch these machines before today.

HO says "I havent had these that long, I dont know why they are giving me trouble....."

I replied, "HOW? What'd you just buy the house?"

Post Likes
    That seems to be the way most of them I see are installed. Just another reason I don't like Carrier equipment, it seems like most are installed in a way they are a pain to work on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    HOW did the installer make the braze connections?????
    thought those old units had compression fittings at the service valves (you know, the ones that always eventually leak)?
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    yeah, well, about the dye.... I bet its not gonna ruin the warranty on this one! This was my first time out there. I didn't touch these machines before today.

HO says "I havent had these that long, I dont know why they are giving me trouble....."

I replied, "HOW? What'd you just buy the house?"
    I love that, the HO always says " ya you guys put it in like 2 years ago". Get to the job and its 12 years old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    thought those old units had compression fittings at the service valves (you know, the ones that always eventually leak)?
    I was at a customers that had one of those units and leaking and the compression nut. I was thinking if he calls back that I may use nylog to seal it.

Post Likes
    We used to call e'm trash cans. Had to take the whole da#md coil off one time to change a reversing valve on a 18-loved that seies ever since.
    Damn phosgene

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    We used to call e'm trash cans. Had to take the whole da#md coil off one time to change a reversing valve on a 18-loved that seies ever since.
    They never intended for anyone to replace parts in these things lol

Some are still around because of those Carlyle recips, I think they might run forever

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in