+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best power tools

Post Likes

best power tools

Milwaukee or Bosch what's your prefrence. Or whatever brand you think is best. Just tell me why . I'm dissapointed with my milwaukee set was gonna try to find a swap for Bosch set or maybe sell it or pawn it for the cash to buy a new set

Post Likes
    DeWalt.

Post Likes
    Very sad, Milwaukee is no longer what it was.It was a great power tool. But Milwaukee is now having them made in CHINA, You would be best to buy an older Used milwaukee than a new one. I have milwaukee tools 20 years old. Still work good. i recently bought a new Milwaukee right angle grinder ,it burned out in months. saw it was made in china.I replaced it with a Hilti Good tool,but expensive. Shame on Milwaukee. They claim the tools from China are the same, Yeah ok, And R-22 won't go up in price any more.

Post Likes
    I'm very happy with the milwaukee M12 tools.

I have the impact and just bought a 3/8 chuck drill.

They work quite well, in my opinion and fit nicely in my Veto bag.

Post Likes
    I have Milwaukee and Makita. No problems with either.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 05-06-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Maybe Milwaukee has some new better tools.Don't know about the M12 line. i was not happy with the grinder I bought.Will check out the M12 line.Like I said, i have some older milwaukee tools over 20 years old. Time will tell on your M12 tools. Hope they hold up.

Post Likes
    I find my 18v makita drill, impact satisfy all my work needs, are light and have a great battery life aswell as charge very quickly which is nice on a job. I also carry around a corded Dewalt drill/hammer drill just incase I get into some heavy drilling some days.

Post Likes
    I've had no problems with all my Hitachi tools
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    My M12 impact is about 18 months old.

It is a daily driver and isn't babied at all.

Can't beat the price/performance point, either, IMO.

Post Likes
    the makita impact is pretty good, a lot of techs in my company use it and when I have i feel like its the best one out there, reasonably priced too. I might pick one up too.

Post Likes
    Been using Makita for 8 yrs with zero issues. Dropped off ladders and roofs and still good to go.

One of my helpers uses Milwaukee. Feels like a decent tool in my hand. Dewalt feels like a toy or black and decker in my hand.

Post Likes
    Milwaukee has a new drill out, called the 'fuel'. They advertise the new motor is brushless and battery life is lots longer due to more efficient motor. From the little I have read, it appears the motor may be a variation of an ECM design... anyone know anything about this?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Been using Makita for 8 yrs with zero issues. Dropped off ladders and roofs and still good to go.

One of my helpers uses Milwaukee. Feels like a decent tool in my hand. Dewalt feels like a toy or black and decker in my hand.
    depends on where you get your dewalt from, their stuff from home depot is a little more toyish, if you get it from a real hardware store you really can't go wrong with dewalt. When my drill dies I want to splurge and get hilti.

Post Likes
    Milwaukee is my choice. The M12 line is awesome! A charged battery lasts for a couple weeks and the drill itself has a battery life display. Makita don't have that.
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

Post Likes
    When my drill slows down I know the battery is low

Post Likes
    if you don't mind having all sorts of brands for tools and having to charge a bunch of differant batteries, i look at it this way as a perfect combo.

Milwaukee Sawzall or the Dewalt XRP sawzall(battery life is pretty weak on that though), Hilti or Dewalt 20v drill, Makita impact driver, you really can't go wrong with that combination.

Post Likes
    I've been using the Makita 18v stuff for a number of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them.
    I did drop a Makita impact driver off a 20' ladder onto concrete about 4 years ago, and it landed bit first.
    It still worked fine, but it made a horrible noise, so it got retired to scrap duty at the shop. It still works.

Post Likes
    I love the 18v Makita. Lithium batteries last a long time on a charge and only take about 10 minutes to fully charge. Also get good run time with my recip saw.

Post Likes

Angry batteries

My complaint with milwaukee m18 is the batteries. I keep burning through batteries and my warranty claims are shut down because the set was made 5 years ago but bought it 2 years ago. Nonetheless at 120 a piece I coulr have but a complete new set by now. Seems like good tools but batts are atrocious

Post Likes
    You can't go wrong with Bosch.. They still have solid QC with their tools. Probably gonna go with them in 18V.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in