+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool to measure superheat, subcooling?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    I used The testo 570 side by side with my Field piece ssx34 one touch between SH& Sc and saw a big difference in speed and the testo was always 5-7 deg off.
    But I do Love my 570 for everything else!
    Are you saying the 570 is less accurate than Fieldpiece SSX34?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I use Fluke 54 II B and it is good..

Post Likes
    I use a Fluke 116 meter with fluke pipe clamp and do the SC/SH calculations manually. I like the pipe clamps better than the velcro wrap sensor for smaller diameter pipes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    I used The testo 570 side by side with my Field piece ssx34 one touch between SH& Sc and saw a big difference in speed and the testo was always 5-7 deg off.
    But I do Love my 570 for everything else!
    More like your FP is off than your 570. How long you had the 570 and how often do you calibrate your FP temp clamp?

Post Likes
    Is the fieldpiece ssx a good investment?I have been thinking about buying one but I have not ever talked to anyone that has one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aikenite View Post
    Is the fieldpiece ssx a good investment?I have been thinking about buying one but I have not ever talked to anyone that has one.
    It's ok, but you would be better off with an SMAN 3 or an SMAN 4.

Post Likes
    I have used the 116 too but I hate having to use the adapter with the pipe clamp.I have had 2 to pull apart when I went to take the clamp out of my meter.I do try to take care of my equipment.Have you ever had this happen?

Post Likes
    I have an ssx34 by fieldpiece. It was 250 when I purchased it 2 years ago. Now was it worth it. Still not sure. There's nothing it does that I wasent doing with my gagues and a thermometer and tape. It does make things a bit quicker and some what more convenient but the price tag is a little high for this minimal convenience. Put it this way, the batteries died last month and I haven't changed them.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes

fluke 116

have a care using a fluke 116 for temperature. even fluke admidts its only good for general measurements.

the internal reference thermocouple is buired in what fluke cals a thermo-isolation block to stabilize the readings against the meter body temp changing. but that same thermo-isolation block greatly slows the temp stabilazation when you need it. it also has no emf shielding .

the reality is the meter body, the thermocouple and that stupid adaptor all need to be at the exact same temperature or else the reading is inaccurate.

you really need a meter that is designed as a thermometer such as a fluke 52/54 series or a cooper that uses thermisters for an even more accurat albeit slower response. the top 3 DRSA manufactures employ decent thermometer technology
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    I don't see the purpose of a stand alone SH/SC calculator. I'd save the money and do it manually or throw a little extra with it and get a drsa that will do that and more.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't see the purpose of a stand alone SH/SC calculator. I'd save the money and do it manually or throw a little extra with it and get a drsa that will do that and more.
    x2

Post Likes
    I had one when I first started and it was very helpful. Ended up giving mine away to one of the new guys now that I have the formula, I don't really need it anymore.

Post Likes
    I use the thermocouple that came with my uei meter and a $1 clamp from Harbor Fright.

Post Likes
    I think there is an app for that.

Post Likes
    A One dollar clamp? You must mean one of those plastic clamps to hold the thermister lol.

I have UEI, and they work great. I did buy 2 fluke thermister clamps on ebay though. Works great when working on 2 evaps at the same time

Post Likes
    I believe You might be on to something.With the bead you're getting a pin point reading and the clamp would insulate it.I have been thinking about this ever sense I read it and I am definitely going to try it.Some people are always thinking! What type of clamp do you use?A bar type or squeeze type?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in