Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survived another one

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by selfemployed View Post
    Good to meet you and Sue. Weather is heading down our way now.
    I heard Dice working on his PTAC saturday night. Sounded like worn/dry fan bearings from our room next door. There was a spare unit in the parking area behind the Motel. Fan was good I checked
    Awww... You're just loading me up to make a comment about the sounds next door, aren't you... I can tell

All of you, get home safe.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Lisa and I also stopped in on Niagara on the Lake and toured Ft. George. The weather stayed nice, humid but not too bad, the entire time we were in Niagara on the Lake.

Going to Kingston we got nailed with the storms about the middle of going past Toronto. Really bad rain right at rush hour.

We are now tucked in at the Peachtree Inn in Kingston and are looking forward to a 1,000 islands boat tour tomorrow.

He Scott! We passed over some lock while we were driving from Niagara on the Lake and thought about you.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Lisa and I also stopped in on Niagara on the Lake and toured Ft. George. The weather stayed nice, humid but not too bad, the entire time we were in Niagara on the Lake.

Going to Kingston we got nailed with the storms about the middle of going past Toronto. Really bad rain right at rush hour.

We are now tucked in at the Peachtree Inn in Kingston and are looking forward to a 1,000 islands boat tour tomorrow.

He Scott! We passed over some lock while we were driving from Niagara on the Lake and thought about you.

really? or are you talking about the Wellington Canal? Did you go up 401? You should of said something, there is a town called Cobourg, they have this little restaurant on Rt-2 called the Oasis. It has outstanding food and reasonable prices, we use to go there all the time when we crossed Ontario.

You going to take the Uncle Sam Boat tour? Thats always fun. DO NOT TAKE THE kINGSTON FERRY to Wolf island and then the Cape Vincent Ferry to the main land, The Cape Vincent ferry is pretty small, it only holds 10 to 12 vehicles and if there are 20 cars waiting you could be there for a couple of hours, Take the bridge, it will be faster~~~~unless your in no hurry
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    [/b]

really? or are you talking about the Wellington Canal? Did you go up 401? You should of said something, there is a town called Cobourg, they have this little restaurant on Rt-2 called the Oasis. It has outstanding food and reasonable prices, we use to go there all the time when we crossed Ontario.

You going to take the Uncle Sam Boat tour? Thats always fun. DO NOT TAKE THE kINGSTON FERRY to Wolf island and then the Cape Vincent Ferry to the main land, The Cape Vincent ferry is pretty small, it only holds 10 to 12 vehicles and if there are 20 cars waiting you could be there for a couple of hours, Take the bridge, it will be faster~~~~unless your in no hurry
    Yep, we did the 401 route. I'll keep it in mind about the ferry. Hopefully on a Tuesday it won't be too bad.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Yep, we did the 401 route. I'll keep it in mind about the ferry. Hopefully on a Tuesday it won't be too bad.
    it helps if your on a motorcycle, if you walk up to the head of the line when the Cape Vincent ferry docks and starts to load, they will slide you in between cars, that way you don't have to wait. The last time we crossed on the Cape Vincent Ferry, some of the cars had been there more than 2 hours.

It takes about 20 minutes to unload/reload, another 10-15 minutes to cross, another 20 minutes unload/reload on Wolf Island and 10-15 minutes or so to get back. So round trip is anywhere from 60 to 75 minutes, if there is 20 cars in front of you, you could be there for awhile.

On the other hand, you'll meet some interesting people while you wait.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post

that is quite a tree spotts. I have one like that in the backyard, not that pose though
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Hey guys!

We had a great time also but it was short.
    We ran into some problems with the Car but got back on the road on Sunday,
    We were able to do some wine tasting and viewed the canal before the Chariet gave out,
    Key and Shaun did a great job and we will keep the faith that next year ,the car and mother nature will stay at bay.
    I have some great shots of the time we had and look forwerd to seeing you all next year.
    Made it home Monday but had some wicked weather thru NY
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    Good to meet ya'll. Sorry you missed the food on Sunday, good eats.
    See what I mean, told you that you would hear peoples voices when they posted
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    I hear ya Scott!!! Thats a very true statement that had never crossed my mind.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Why does Robo Mummble so much?
    or is that only me that hears that?
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    it helps if your on a motorcycle, if you walk up to the head of the line when the Cape Vincent ferry docks and starts to load, they will slide you in between cars, that way you don't have to wait. The last time we crossed on the Cape Vincent Ferry, some of the cars had been there more than 2 hours.

It takes about 20 minutes to unload/reload, another 10-15 minutes to cross, another 20 minutes unload/reload on Wolf Island and 10-15 minutes or so to get back. So round trip is anywhere from 60 to 75 minutes, if there is 20 cars in front of you, you could be there for awhile.

On the other hand, you'll meet some interesting people while you wait.
    There were only 5 cars and four cycles on the ferry to Cape Vincent that we were on. No waiting and the two ferry rides were nice.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by epacertified View Post
    Why does Robo Mummble so much?
    or is that only me that hears that?
    I'm very shy.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    There were only 5 cars and four cycles on the ferry to Cape Vincent that we were on. No waiting and the two ferry rides were nice.
    cool, have fun, drive safe

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by selfemployed View Post
    I heard Dice working on his PTAC saturday night. Sounded like worn/dry fan bearings from our room next door
    That wasn’t the fan bearings that was Dice! (Should have bought a Goodman)

Ken & Lainey
    Thanks again for being such gracious hosts. Vicki and I had a wonderful time. Once again Southern hospitality shines through. (Southern Canada that is)

It was a pleasure seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in