Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3841424344454647484950515253545558 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyess View Post
    It's funny. I'm currently attending school for hvacr. Reading this forum makes me feel better. Cause when I started I knew nothing, after afew weeks in class I thought I learned alot. But the more I learn the more I relize that I don't understand somethings that I thought I was getting proficiant in, and that I'm not alone. I also understand that there's so many different applications and systems that I could keep learning and never know it all. Thats makes me think I'll never get bored.
    This field is so huge you cant possibly know it all. My specialty is large process chillers. When someone calls me and asks a question about process chillers I happily answer, the only thing I ask in return is that they will someday answer my phone call. I had to actually do that one day while working on my dad's Infinity Split System. My greatest fear is when another mechanic tells me he knows it all. I guage the success of my day after 18 years of doing this by 3 rulers: Is the Customer Happy? Is the machine fixed? and most of all.....Did I learn something today?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    I have been looking for a way to get in contact with Site moderator "dad". I was asked to contact him about my situation with Pro Membership acceptance. How can I go about contacting him?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CallaDrilling View Post
    I have been looking for a way to get in contact with Site moderator "dad". I was asked to contact him about my situation with Pro Membership acceptance. How can I go about contacting him?
    Good way or just any way? I've seen several of the options. I suggest you contact one of the moderators and ask them. Just click on one of them and private message them.

Post Likes
    I currently have no abilities to private message.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I thought we were supposed to prey.

Post Likes
    On each other. get it?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    rquad, glad to have you on the site! For a real first step you might want to follow pierre1811 to the ARP section of the main menu. If he starts talking about flying condensers with those guys, it will be more than a kicking. He's gonna need some backup .

Cause a small distraction for him. You might want to share YOUR STORY with them.
    Hooo-boy, flying condensers? I'm over my head already.

BTW, I just passed my first HVAC lesson test--aced it.

Post Likes
    Hi Just started an HVAC/R foundation course this week, next week I start my job shadowing. Looking forward to learning from a pro.

Post Likes
    Hello, Ive been in property management/maintenance for ten+ years with lots of focus on hvac. Im taking classes at a cc for an associates, certifications in hvac and thinking about transferring to Ferris State for a bachelors degree. I cant wait to have access to the learning sections of the forum! Ive applyed for the pro membership on Monday (after 16 post) but still havnt had a reply

Post Likes
    I too can't wait to have access to the learning section..... gotta get my posts up

Post Likes

Cool Hello, 1st Post

Hello. I am an IE for Copeland Compressors. We build the Copland Scrolls. I am an Electrical Controls Engineer in at our facility. I write and maintain the automation code for the assembly machines that build and test the compressors. I got certified to work with HVAC equipment because I own several rental properties and it is cheaper to work on them myself. Instead of paying $$$ for a service call, I buy new tools. Over the years I have amassed enough HVAC tools to become a contractor if I lost my job tomorrow. I recently installed all rigid duct and two systems in the house I am building. Rewarding experience. Anyway, this is my background.

CT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    Hello. I am an IE for Copeland Compressors. We build the Copland Scrolls. I am an Electrical Controls Engineer in at our facility. I write and maintain the automation code for the assembly machines that build and test the compressors. I got certified to work with HVAC equipment because I own several rental properties and it is cheaper to work on them myself. Instead of paying $$$ for a service call, I buy new tools. Over the years I have amassed enough HVAC tools to become a contractor if I lost my job tomorrow. I recently installed all rigid duct and two systems in the house I am building. Rewarding experience. Anyway, this is my background.

CT
    So you got certified to work with HVAC equipment just to avoid helping us earn a living. Geeeee thanks

Kidding

Post Likes

Air pressure

Hello, I found this site while looking up what mastic was.

I already got my degree in heating and cooling, but now I am going back to the books to really learn and retain the information.

I haven't had the chance to install a plenum yet, so I wasn't familiar with mastic, and it came up, "use mastic on all seams"

I have had HVAC experience, off and on for the last 12 years, and can post additional postings for each experience, to go into some detail, and maybe boost up my posting number, if that is considered not corrupt.

I just got a notice from a HVAC owner responding to an ad I put in craigslist for HVAC apprentice, and I am waiting for the follow up reply.

He asked; "How much experience do you have in duct installation?? How much are you looking to make per hour. Please let me know."

I replied; I worked at a place called +++ in which I was able to do some duct installation, and it went into it more thoroughly in the course I took at Ashworth college.

I did rooftop exhaust fan and cooling unit maintenance for +++ school district, and some other HVAC work.

12 hourly would be good, to get to +++

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinZwo View Post
    So you got certified to work with HVAC equipment just to avoid helping us earn a living. Geeeee thanks

Kidding
    LOL. Guess it came out that way. Until I started working for Copeland, I never really had any interest in HVAC. Spending the past 8 years working in the air conditioning industry, I have developed interest. Now I find it fascinating and it makes for a good hobby. Got to have something to do when not at work.

CT

Post Likes

hello all.

Thanks for creating this site it looks like it could be pretty cool. I’m john I have been HVAC for 14 years and just went out on my own 6 months ago. I have experience in residential and light commercial installation change out and service but am weakest on service. (No experience with chillers or refrigeration) I am looking for help with sales, marketing and the business side but I understand the requirements about going pro. I got involved with this business when my wife’s father said come work where I work and you can learn a trade. I was 20 and had no direction and a job at Sams Club. I figured it was a good idea since I had knocked up his daughter a few months earlier. This trade has given me valuable job skills valuable life skills and opportunities that many do not get. I think I will be able to continue my education here on this site and maybe even help some other young buck.

Thanks again,
    John Soldner

Post Likes

I just want to change it

l repetitive and time, I believe I can be a good installer. But it is not what I really want to do. I like the intellectual challenge and problem-solving services. ike the mental challenge and problem solving of Service.

Post Likes

Cool Hello, I just joined so this is my first post.

I am 45 years old I have a Mechanical Contractors Lic, that I have had since I was 26. I also hold a master plumbing lic, for the state as well. I was lucky to get a very early start carrying my dads tool pouch when I was about 6, I think I was probably the only kid in my high school that under stood superheat and subcooling but to this day I'll take any class i can attend, as the feild is allways changing and evolving. I guess thats why it's so fun, just because you master you basic theories there is allways something new to learn right around the corner. Well I hope this did not sound to lame it's my first try, I look forward to participating in the diccussions.

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3841424344454647484950515253545558 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in