+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HH dryer

Post Likes

HH dryer

hey guys got a call yesterday on an ice o matic machine.. Low on gas.. Found a leak on the lp control because it was rubbing up against wires and wore through, so i cut and brazed taht shut so i could leak check the rest of the system, found the harvest solenoid valve leaking at the packing also.. I got the parts in today and going to install tomorrow but my question is i noticed that this unit had a c 052 s hh dryer in it.. I was taught to only install a HH dryer after a burn out and once the unit passed the acid test to remove the HH dry and put original back.. The manager says this is the first service call on this ice machine ever.. Dont no if i beleve him or if the unit lost a compressor.. Both have 05 serial numbers.. Model of machine- ICE0400HA2

Post Likes
    all the ice o matics i have worked on always had co52's in them. i would say the hh is suspect that somebody has been in the machine, maybe not for a burnout. i have seen people install hh driers automatically when in a system.

Post Likes

H H

Use to use them on low temp. 502 machines for wax.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    A HH drier isn't just for acid removel. It has properties for better wax removel also, per Sporlan.
    I was taught on most ice machines an OEM drier should always be used. The OEM driers have a screen on both inlet and outlet sides to hold the desiccant inside the drier. Due to the harvest cycle puts a strain on the drier. This information was told durning differant ice machine classes I have taken.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcargo View Post
    I was taught on most ice machines an OEM drier should always be used. The OEM driers have a screen on both inlet and outlet sides to hold the desiccant inside the drier. Due to the harvest cycle puts a strain on the drier. This information was told durning differant ice machine classes I have taken.

Don't remember where I heard it, but it seems this was told to me at one time as well.

Post Likes
    never heard that.. I just ended up putting the c 052 back in it and didn't put an HH in it.. I had ran it by my boss and he said dont worry about the HH if its never been worked on... That will be a good question to ask at the Manitowoc class when i go in march or even this week when i do the day course.. I cant beleve this machine anyway.. last tech that worked on it the day before me, found low on gas found leak at service cap and charged it and left.. DIDNT run 2 hrs so they called us in to take care of it.. Like i said it was low on gas.. When i put my high side gage on when the unit when it was off i had 5 psi LOL.. I put the nitrogen to it, and i could hear the leak with all the panels on the unit with 30 psi in the thing.. Glad to know that last tech from the other company didnt think that he had to leak check it.. i dont even know how it made a batch of ice.. The manger said the unit never worked after he left.. WHYYYY do we let some of these people do refrigeration

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in