Thread: Looking for contractor to show me the ropes!

Post Likes

Looking for contractor to show me the ropes!

Yes newbie here! if this is in the wrong place "Please move it" with out deliting it!

I have 30 to 60 tons of chilling required for a summer project here in south GR, Michigan! I want to go with Geothermal, possible low presure closed loop? I have land for pond, or whatever’s best! Need an ex-spert for his or hers opinion. I need 30 tons of chilling to 60 degrees supply water! & possible another 30 tons for climate control, undecided? I want a contractor to direct "me" in doing this job ASAP!

So please point me in the right direction!

Thanks Murf!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome to h talk!

This is the welcome and intro forum, you will get more answers if you post your question over in the chiller or AOP Commercial forum.

Post Likes
    Murfster You might as well start investing your money now and call a qualified contractor cause this sounds like a job that needs serious designs and engineers to really spec it right. Will not be cheap.

Post Likes
    keepplearnin thats why im here!

thanks chuckcrj, will do!

Post Likes
    Yes but my point is this is a hands on project, Way to complicated to start figuring out what to do. Do you even have a pond sounds as though you don't, I think the best place to start would be getting some water in a hole.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Yes but my point is this is a hands on project, Way to complicated to start figuring out what to do. Do you even have a pond sounds as though you don't, I think the best place to start would be getting some water in a hole.
    Dude! Yea im thinkin ill go start this project right now by digging a hole???? Wtf!
    I posted in the correct forum now. Will wait for a contractors advice thanks!

Post Likes
    The advice is do some research on local contractors that can handle this type of job and call them with your cell phone, make an appointment, have them do a walk thru and give you a breakdown of work needed. That should be of little or no cost to you and you will have a good grip on what is in store. Other than that there is not a good fairy that will know the answers without being on location. That is good advise you can do with what you want.

Post Likes
    The advice is do some research on local contractors that can handle this type of job and call them with your cell phone, make an appointment, have them do a walk thru and give you a breakdown of work needed. That should be of little or no cost to you and you will have a good grip on what is in store. Other than that there is not a good fairy that will know the answers without being on location. That is good advise you can do with what you want.
    This is pointless, he is looking for a contractor, that is why he is posting here.

Please keep this the intro and welcome forum. A place to give people a good first impression.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    This is pointless, he is looking for a contractor, that is why he is posting here.

Please keep this the intro and welcome forum. A place to give people a good first impression.
    I guess telling someone to research local contractors and do some homework is against forum rules.

Post Likes
    "Please point me in the right direction" Look in the phone book and see if you can find a contractor in your area that has experience in this type of installation or else you will just be spinning your wheels.
    Just because it's not sugar coated does not mean it is not good advise.
    Unless you are going to install it yourself, which I am not suggesting, an opinion from across the country is not going to help you find a geothermal man.
    Just because it is not what you want to hear does not mean that I am being mean spirited, if you perceive it that way it is not meant that way.
    You are the one that used abbreviated expletives.

Post Likes
    I guess telling someone to research local contractors and do some homework is against forum rules.
    It is not against the rules, just don't do it here. There is simply no point in discussing it here, just wait until he posts a new thread and answer him in the correct forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    It is not against the rules, just don't do it here. There is simply no point in discussing it here, just wait until he posts a new thread and answer him in the correct forum.

My apologies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in