+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital Gauges

Post Likes

Digital Gauges

For startups and charging. SH and SC. Only one guy at work has em and he isnt even EPA certified. He has the Fieldpiece dual temp thingy. Its plastic though and I dont really dig that. Seems to work good though. Id like to go Digicool or Testo. Dual probe.

What do you prefer.... Im still doing research. Leaning Testo or Digi and not Fieldpiece. Testo had the hard case. Digi seems to be great. Maybe the AK900?
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Post Likes
    stay AWAY! from testo

I haven't had to send my Fieldpiece SMAN3 back for warranty yet (unlike my 2 sets of testo)

if you otta have a hard case_Fieldpiece has one for the SMAN3
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    I bought my DigiCool 1250 (and love it) before the AK900 came out. Next one I buy will be the AK900. Too much bang for the buck to pass up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    For startups and charging. SH and SC. Only one guy at work has em and he isnt even EPA certified. He has the Fieldpiece dual temp thingy. Its plastic though and I dont really dig that. Seems to work good though. Id like to go Digicool or Testo. Dual probe.

What do you prefer.... Im still doing research. Leaning Testo or Digi and not Fieldpiece. Testo had the hard case. Digi seems to be great. Maybe the AK900?
    Go take a look. Hard as nails and the price is right.
    http://digi-cool.com/
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    trutech has them on sale,put hvac talk in promo code get 5% off,free shipping. I think I am getting ready to order

Post Likes
    No pipe clamps on the 900? That is retarded. I would like to have em though.
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Post Likes
    im sure doug is working on the clamps as time permits &
    will have them available before long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    No pipe clamps on the 900? That is retarded. I would like to have em though.
    If you want Digi-Cool clamps for the AK900 right now you could just remove the AK900 sensors from the velcro wrap and slip them into the Clamp that works for the 1200/1250

The size of sensor is identical an will fit in the older clamps just fine.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    SMAN3 digital gauges are the best!!!

Post Likes
    At what?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I just got a hardcase for my SMAN3...IT'S BIG!
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    At what?
    LMAO!

To the OP,
    I like you did not jump on any wagon. Took my time and watched reviews. I've wanted a set of digitals for years now, but just couldn't make the move until I was sure there was a set for me. I hate sending tools in for warranty. I hate even more when a tool breaks on the job (does it happen anywhere else).
    Finally, and being the odd man out, I went with the digi-cool ak's for durability.
    Three days out and I'm hooked. There is still a possibility I may pick up an sman3 (I am a FP man, all meters are FP).
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    I have Testo and it works great. I use it on every call that requires Gauges to be used. I only charge using Sc and Sh. I have had the Gauges for 2 years with no problems.
    Everyone has there preferences.

Removed Link. See Rules.
    Last edited by Stamas; 02-08-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Link

Post Likes
    has anyone modified the ak900 keeping the exsisting ak900 plug to use the cooper temp straps

Post Likes
    What's the difference between all those Digi-cools? ak900, drsa 1200, 1250 and 1600?

Post Likes
    Does anyone know if you can get the AK900 without the manifold? I want to put it on my Brute manifold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refertecbd View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get the AK900 without the manifold? I want to put it on my Brute manifold.
    Call them.

It does not line up with the BruteII manifold ports directly. You will need adapters to make it fit.

Post Likes
    I purchased a set of Digi-cools a few weeks ago, after doing much research, and reading reviews and I agree they are by far the best bang for the buck, now I just need to purchase some better hoses, the cheap ones i got off e-bay were not worth the price i paid for them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Call them.

It does not line up with the BruteII manifold ports directly. You will need adapters to make it fit.
    Thanks JP. I've been bouncing around trying to decide what Digital set to get.

I still use analogs and a Fluke 52 and been for 15 years, but the Digital's are certainly neat-o just don't want to sink a bunch of money into something that I'm not gonna like or will break after a Month of use.

A co-worker got the s-man3 and its nice but I like the idea of having em one the Brute Manifold.

Post Likes
    do you guys use them for everything-leak check-service-burnouts etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in