+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duel Evaporators Defrost termination

Post Likes

Confused Duel Evaporators Defrost termination

I have a walk in freezer with 2 Witt evaps. Both evaps have 3 terminal adjustable defrost termination stats. Not sure how these stats are suppose to work in a duel evap system. Does one stat just disable heaters on it's own evap temp rise and the other stat energize coil in defrost timer to terminate defrost cycle early or should both stats be capable of terminating defrost at the defrost timer? Or should both stats just disable heaters in their evaporators therefore forcing the defrost cycle to go on as set without heaters until end of cycle. My understanding is that these stats close on temp rise to energize coil in defrost timer so I don't see how they could disable heaters in the heater circuit. I'm confused just asking this question. I don't think I have a problem here I am just wondering if I have to deal with this someday. Thanks.
    Happiness is a bloodtrail in the snow. If it's beer can cold your too old.

Post Likes
    Does your defrost clock have a solenoid in it to kick it back into freeze and terminate the defrost? If so, they may be wired to only kill the heater thier own coil. if your clock has the ability to terminate defrost by the soleniod, then and can be done a couple of other ways.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Post Likes
    I read your post better, now let me try again. You have a defrost termination solenoid that takes you out of defrost and back into a freeze cycle. The t-stats force it out of defrost and kills the circuit to the heaters which is coming thru the clock (normally open contacts). In a freeze, we are running the refrigeration off of the clock thru the normally closed contacts. More than likely, they (defrost termination t-stats) are run in series circuit with the solenoid bacause we want them both closed to energize the solenoid and terminate defrost.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Post Likes

Witt

Maybe found what you need in the educational forums. Start on page 12 for multiple evaps. wiring
    http://69.41.183.10/documents/SuperEasy%20IOM.pdf
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    They get wired in series back to the X terminal off the time clock which will terminate defrost when powered. The clock will stop defrost even if there is more time left when power comes back on X. Just use a differnt leg of power then what ever is powering one side of the defrost solenoid (normally L1)...I think...

Post Likes
    Check out the manual that Selfemployed posted. You can use 2 relays that won't allow L2 back to the clock soleniod until both defrost are terminated. Cool

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by selfemployed View Post
    Maybe found what you need in the educational forums. Start on page 12 for multiple evaps. wiring
    http://69.41.183.10/documents/SuperEasy%20IOM.pdf

Thanks everyone this download is just what I needed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    I read your post better, now let me try again. You have a defrost termination solenoid that takes you out of defrost and back into a freeze cycle. The t-stats force it out of defrost and kills the circuit to the heaters which is coming thru the clock (normally open contacts). In a freeze, we are running the refrigeration off of the clock thru the normally closed contacts. More than likely, they (defrost termination t-stats) are run in series circuit with the solenoid bacause we want them both closed to energize the solenoid and terminate defrost.
    like I said.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    like I said.

I think this is what I have. Thanks Surenuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in