Thread: Goodman Comfort Net controls

Post Likes

Question Goodman Comfort Net controls

Opinions on Comfort Net controls? What do you guys think of Goodman Comfiort Net controls on a new Goodman 4 ton 15 SEER split system heat pump?

I already have the Honeywell Pro 8000 touchscreen. Keep it or ditch it for the Comfort Net?

Or do you suggest something else entirely?

Post Likes
    Has anybody used these?

Post Likes
    If you have an airhandler, I'd keep the 8000.

If your going duel fuel (natural gas), I'd probably go with the honeywell IAQ.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the comfortnet.

It's that there's not anything special about it. Especially for the price.
    Especially since it can't control humidification.

We only use them in duel fuel situations where we don't have enough wires to an outdoor unit.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    So the Honeywell Pro 8000 touchscreen is appropriate for the new Goodman 4 ton 15 SEER split system electric heat pump (with AVPTC426014 variable speed air handler)?

Post Likes
    Yes. It is.

Did your contractor tell you otherwise?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Yes. It is.

Did your contractor tell you otherwise?
    I've had a couple of "hacks" who don't seem to know much of what they're talking about. One said he didn't know if the Pro 8000 would work, and suggested I stick with Goodman controls if I get the Goodman system. Another said that the Pro 8000 is known for nothing but problems, and says it is junk. Yet another said that if he sold me a new system, I'd have to buy a new control too or else he would not warranty the work.

My brother has the Pro 8000 in his house, and loves it. I have had mine on a 25-year-old Carrier system for the last 4 years and I like it very much. I would like to keep it when I get the new Goodman system I've been researching. I'm very glad to hear you say that it is an appropriate control for the new system.

Post Likes
    Not only is it appropriate, but it's a good stat.

We sell them all the time. Pretty low ammount of problems too.

We're actually a goodman/amana dealer, and I've put in 4 comfortnet stats at best.
    They just can't deliver the same performance and flexibility that honeywell can.

There are some more technical issues in relation to how it handles duel fuel, that are not as good as honeywell also.

If you have a humidifer, I'd diffenetly go with an IAQ. It looks, and feels just like the 8000 (you probably won't notice a difference), except that it can handle dehumidifcation, and humidification, all from the thermostat. So no seperate humidistat nob. It also knows when NOT to turn on the humidifer. Meaning no more turning off a humidistat at the end of the season.

Even better:http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/P...Humidifier.htm

That has a better efficiency than a bypass, and you never have to touch anything with the humidifier again (not counting your yearly maintience).

The one thing that the comfortnet DOES have, that honeywell can't do, is in relation to "fan: on". Your new air handler with "fan on" will run very slow. You DOUBT you'll hear it running it all. With the comfortnet, you can "bump" this speed from low, to medium, or high.

Not worth the cost, in my opinion. Especially at 2x (or greater) the cost of an IAQ.

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    hvacvegas. what do you think of the goodman duel fuel full color stats? I kinda like them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    hvacvegas. what do you think of the goodman duel fuel full color stats? I kinda like them.
    I've read about them. It's basically a honeywell IAQ prestige 2.0 that communicates.
    So far, I wouldn't say I'm impressed. But I'm a pretty technical guy. I'm happy with my white rogers non-prog.

PM me with how much it costs.

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in