+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walk in cooler icing problem

Post Likes

Walk in cooler icing problem

Gita call on Thursday cooler iced up. The customer shut the condensing unit down to deice evap coil. I arrived on site to find some ice in the center of the coil along with several paper towels plugging the evap. Removed the towels and started the unit up. Box was 50. Degrees r404a 225head 63 suction, about 75 degree ambient.

Watched the box for a bit, evap is good and clean, sight glass is clear, thermostat cycling the unit ok unit pumps down using t-stat and holds great. Unit has a time clock set for 45 defrost at night. This box located outdoors and from8am to 4pm is as high traffic as anything. They are latterly in and out every minute .

I added two defrosts so ther are 3 a day there not evenly spaced due to the large demand on the box I am set at 1am 7am and 2 pm for defrosts.

I also changed out the thermostat to an ranco etc. I am gonna return to the site in the am and check sh on the txv. The ice pattern to me says bad txv. This is a Trenton per assembled evap with smart speed. So when the testator is satisfied the evap fans run at half speed vs when the stat is calling at full speed.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  32.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2842
Size:  52.7 KB

Post Likes
    Looks like a bad valve.. The equalizer line is feeding liquid........ And it's a danfoss.

Post Likes
    X2 looks like a bad valve.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Agree. Frozen equalizer line. Maybe make your ranco coil sensing to help with door being open so much. Have it shut off around 22-23 degrees coil,on 38 coil. Should keep coil clear.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    X2 looks like a bad valve.
    That was my thought also. It's a strange icing problem. I'm heading to the site now to check the superheated now that the box is at temp and we shall know for sure

Post Likes
    check distributor tubes as well maybe some oil. be sure the orifice is in the distributor head after the txv, if the txv has a screen pull it to make sure its clean. i dont think it is the txv unless you have already done these checks. suction pressure only slightly low def check superheat as well. good luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Looks like a bad valve.. The equalizer line is feeding liquid........ And it's a danfoss.
    That's what I noticed first also...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in