Thread: 410 A Help!

Post Likes

410 A Help!

What is the difference in temp from supply and return air in 410 A. Like the R22 is typically 20 degrees sifference. What is the difference in 410A? What should they do? I have put a 410A in a restauraunt and it is not cooling.

Post Likes
    Depends on what your other temps are really...what's the question again?
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    There is no expected difference in temperature differential between the two. We shoot for 20 degrees with either one.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Post Likes
    did you change evap?
    did you change refrig lines or flush?

R-410 is just like any other refrigerant. Understanding your PTR and the refrigeration cycle is key.
    I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself.

Post Likes

Confused

THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING I HAVE INSTALLED 3- 5TON 410A HEIL PACKAGE UNITS .IN A 2500SQ FT OLD BRICK BULDING THAT HAS COMPLETLY REMOLDED,AND HAS BEEN MADE INTO A RESTARANT/BAR.HOWEVER THE BULDING HAS NO CELING JUST EXPOSED RAFTERS AND DUCT . . WELL WITHOUT WRITING AN ENTIRE BOOK ITS YOUR TYPICAL OLD DOWTOWN BULIDING.ITS HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS. UNTILL THIS PAST TUESDAY SO I CHECKED ALL THE UNITS THEY WERE ALL RUNING .FINE BUT ALL T-STATS WERE SET AT 7O BUT AVERAGE TEMPERATURE WAS 77.SO I DISCOVED THAT THE 410A HEIL UNITS HAVE 1 COMPRESSOR BUT 2 STAGES OF COOLING SO I JUST TIED Y2 AT THE PACKAGE UNIT TO Y1 AND REMOVED FILTERS THAT HADE BEEN LEFT INSIDE INSIDE UNIT FROM FACTORY.THEY LOOKED SOMEWHAT DIRTY AND THERE WERE ALL READY FILTERS INSIDE BULDING SO DIDNT THINK WE NEEDED DOUBLE FILTERS.THE OWENERS SAID THE UNIT WORKED GREAT AFTER THOSE2 CHANGES 4- 3 DAYS ANYWAY. NOW HOWEVER THERE NOT KEEEPING UP IT WAS 78 AT 6.00PM IM WONDERING WHAT THE HELLS SUDDENLY CHANGED. TO CAUSE THE WHOLE BULDING TO STOP COOLING I ONLY PUT THE 410A UNITS IN BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL OUT R22S THE DAY WE HAD TO PUT UNITS ON ROOF.IM STUMPED OR STUPID .I GUESS ITS THE LATER IM LOOKING FOR ANY ANSWERS .ALL DUCT WORK WAS INSTALLED TO ENGINNERS PLANS IM LOST WITH THE 410A

Post Likes
    Check your super heat, ambient temp.,Room temp., Pressures, sub cooling, humidity and temperature drops across the evaporator. One must know all this information before a diagnosis can be made

Post Likes
    is the make up air working for the venthood

Post Likes
    Hard to say with the info given. But one thing I can tell you for sure, is the R410A is not the cause.

Post Likes
    What the heat load call for? was all equipment, lighting, ventilation and people included for peak hours? if so most likely the hood's makeup air or lack of would be the most common problem with restaurants.

Post Likes
    What was the temp on the roof when these units would cool.

Did you check to see if these units meet the engineers sensible cooling specs.

Post Likes
    as said it is nothing to do with the units. do you have economizers on any of them? check your damper minimum position and check that make up air fan is working properly

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

How many people live in this restaurant?

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    The make up air fan is working properly. The system was installed by engineers specs. I believe there is a maximum of 60 people in the place.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dholladay View Post
    The make up air fan is working properly. The system was installed by engineers specs. I believe there is a maximum of 60 people in the place.

Just found your problem, system was installed by engineers specs!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dholladay View Post
    .THE OWENERS SAID THE UNIT WORKED GREAT AFTER THOSE2 CHANGES 4- 3 DAYS ANYWAY. NOW HOWEVER THERE NOT KEEEPING UP IT WAS 78 AT 6.00PM IM WONDERING WHAT THE HELLS SUDDENLY CHANGED. TO CAUSE THE WHOLE BULDING TO STOP COOLING :
    Sounds like something else broke. You did say they were Heil, right??

Post Likes
    What was the sensible and latent capacities the engineer speced.
    How much fresh air is being brought in.

Between the people and hot food, you have around 6.5 tons load.
    About another 2 to 3 tons in fresh air.
    Then you got lighting load yet. Plus the structures heat gain.

15 tons is cutting it close.

Might be that 15 tons can't handle the peak loads.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    is the make up air working for the venthood
    Good call cat man!

Post Likes
    Quit screaming and get rid of typing in all caps. It's not only rude it's very hard to read.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in