+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Javac vacuum pumps

Post Likes

Javac vacuum pumps

I am shopping for a new vacuum pump.I have a Robinair as a back up.Looking for a 1.5 to 3 cfm,lightweigth pump.

During my search I read some good review about this pump.But it's Australian made,don't know if it's adapted for 115v,60Hz.Anybody out there owns one?

Also I see this fjc pumps?Any opinion?
    Last edited by wannafreeze; 08-16-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Post Likes

Talking i just got mine and it works great

i tried it on 134 cooler and worked great! got mine on ebay for 79.00 and shipping 16.50 i am well pleased its 1.5 has 134 hook up and r22 also hooked up for 120 just plug and make sure u put oil in it it comes with 8 oz. for price cant beet it cj

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cj2007 View Post
    i tried it on 134 cooler and worked great! got mine on ebay for 79.00 and shipping 16.50 i am well pleased its 1.5 has 134 hook up and r22 also hooked up for 120 just plug and make sure u put oil in it it comes with 8 oz. for price cant beet it cj
    which one did you got?fjc?

Post Likes
    Wanna, A 80.00 buck pump is an 80.00 buck pump.

Look into J/B industries DV-42N. 1.5 CFM holds 27 oz. of oil good for up to 3 tons.
    2nd choice a J/B industries DV-85 N 3 CFM holds 27 oz. good for up to 9 tons.

Both pumps are **** AMERICAN **** made 2 year warranty.

I run my pumps a 1.5 a 3 and a 7 CFM for at least 12 hours minimum using a whole lot of nitrogen for sweeping in the repair of ULT units.

Most repairs have POE in the compressors and the vacuum pump does'nt come off until I hit 75 microns.

To date the only repair required on the 1.5 has been a shaft seal kit and ran me $ 5.00.

Using that standard of long run times and how they get used could be a good basis in the selection of a quality back up for small system repairs.
    FEN

Post Likes

Thumbs up heres what i bought

part # 6905,cfm1.5,micron rating 75,fitting size-1/4m.f.x1/2 acme,voltage115v.60 hz,motor 1/6,motor rpm 1725, oil cap. oz 6.0 wieght 14 lb it has a one year warranty from mfg.check these guys out on ebay usatoolwarehouse hope i can do this thanks cj
    Last edited by cj2007; 08-17-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelled wrong

Post Likes
    wannafreeze, where u work out of in jerz?
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    wannafreeze, where u work out of in jerz?
    West Paterson.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post

Look into J/B industries DV-42N. 1.5 CFM holds 27 oz. of oil good for up to 3 tons.

I run my pumps a 1.5 a 3 and a 7 CFM for at least 12 hours minimum using a whole lot of nitrogen for sweeping in the repair of ULT units.

Most repairs have POE in the compressors and the vacuum pump does'nt come off until I hit 75 microns.

To date the only repair required on the 1.5 has been a shaft seal kit and ran me $ 5.00.

Using that standard of long run times and how they get used could be a good basis in the selection of a quality back up for small system repairs.
    I intended to buy the jb 3 ton but the weight is important.I have a heavy robinair for back up,I don't wanna carry another 30lbs around.
    I paid some $300 for my 1.2 cfm robinair,it's so beat up can't hold the oil,for the money it should have had a shut off valve and better material etc..
    100 bucks for fjc is worth throwing out if I am doing so.I will see when it arrives,how bad could it be..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    I intended to buy the jb 3 ton but the weight is important.I have a heavy robinair for back up,I don't wanna carry another 30lbs around.
    I paid some $300 for my 1.2 cfm robinair,it's so beat up can't hold the oil,for the money it should have had a shut off valve and better material etc..
    100 bucks for fjc is worth throwing out if I am doing so.I will see when it arrives,how bad could it be..
    Unfortunately I think I did throw the 100 bucks out..
    I am about to order a JB platium..01/27/09

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post

I am trying to decide whether to get 1.5 or 3 cfm...

Post Likes
    If your talking J/B they all weigh similar through the sizes. The smaller pumps just use more oil to fill.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    reminds me i need to pick up more oil...inadvertently change the oil a few times a year..why is my van floor so slick?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in