+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAVING

Post Likes

Question WAVING

Every HVAC company i pass on the road waves this must be in the code of rules or something never can tell when you may help out one another what do yall think very friendly around here

Post Likes
    Say what?

Post Likes
    They are trying to tell you that you left your punctuation on the roof of the van.

Post Likes
    I think it is more of a gesture of respect than friendship. Contractors around here also wave whenever they pass. They may be your biggest competitors but are still respectful. It helps when you have trained a good portion of them at one time or another.

Post Likes
    Around here everyone waves and I like it.

Truth is ... the industry is small enough that if you don't know the person in that truck, a friend or co-worker of yours does haha.

Post Likes
    Nobody waves around here unless they only use one finger, the traffic around here is enough to drive man insane.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Nobody waves around here unless they only use one finger, the traffic around here is enough to drive man insane.
    I wave to and get waves from lots around Denver.

Tigger, if you think Denver is bad DO NOT EVER drive in Phoenix, now that is insane. It's all of the retired people from Cali and the bad drivers from the "Cold" country.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    It kind of varies around here. There's not much for the courtesy waves, but if you know the other guy generally you'll get a wave back. There's really not that many HVAC guys around here (town of 60,000) so most of us know each other.

Us worker-bee's don't really care about competition and are friends with each other no matter who they are working for. I will say it's not a very tight-nit community around here (HVAC).

I'd say there's probably 20 give or take a few who would help each other out no matter what any way we could, the rest tend to either be friendly enough to say hi or the rare few who could care less your alive (and generally everyone feels the same way about them lol).

Drive to small town South Dakota (basically any town but Rapid or Sioux Falls) and everyone waves to everyone...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    Never once been waived to unless I knew who it was. I drive with my eyes closed so I wouldn't see it any way.

Post Likes

DO NOT EVER drive in Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    I wave to and get waves from lots around Denver.

Tigger, if you think Denver is bad DO NOT EVER drive in Phoenix, now that is insane. It's all of the retired people from Cali and the bad drivers from the "Cold" country.
    Dont wave in Phoenix, they will think you are giving them the finger? Use to wave in Tucson till it filled up with people from someplace else.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacman07 View Post
    Every HVAC company i pass on the road waves this must be in the code of rules or something never can tell when you may help out one another what do yall think very friendly around here
    that's the way it is in the south..

and to everyone i waive to and doesn't waive back, goes down in my lil book as a deuche bag (only kidding)
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Waving in Maryland was SOP when people were getting into the same lane as you, or if you had let them in...for the most part. Some don't wave. Most of the waves were, "Sorry to cut you off but here's a wave. "

Now in Iowa in all the small towns people will usually wave. In the grossly overrated "city" Des Moines NO ONE waves, EVER. They do stare like there's no tomorrow though, city and country both.
    "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

Most of the motorcyclists all point with one finger toward the ground like they're waving when two of them pass each other. When I'm getting stir crazy from driving between service calls and bikers do that deal with each other, I'll start waving at every car passing me, because "hey you're in a car, I'm in a car(actually a service van, but when you're stir crazy, who's countin'? ), let's wave."
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Post Likes
    yeah i mostly get waves back when I wave.... and probably most wave if they see me first.
    kinda like all pickmeup drivers wave to each other.....
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    I think it is a brotherhood thing. Two hvac guys pull into the same coffee shop. They will probably sit at the same table. Otto and I do.

Post Likes
    I get waved at and wave to other techs also. Been in the trade long enough that guys from other companies actually know me and sometimes we shoot the shi* at the local supply houses.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Waving in Maryland was SOP when people were getting into the same lane as you, or if you had let them in...for the most part.
    I let people in when they are trying to get into heavy traffic. It really frustrates me when I go out of my way to let them in and they don’t have the decency to give a little wave of appreciation. That’s not asking too much is it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacman07 View Post
    its just their way of thanking you for all the screwed up jobs you send their way!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    I let people in when they are trying to get into heavy traffic. It really frustrates me when I go out of my way to let them in and they don’t have the decency to give a little wave of appreciation. That’s not asking too much is it?
    I generally will let someone in if the lane is ending or there's a slow moving line. What I hate is seeing the lane that ends empty for 3 blocks, and some jagg off turns out into that lane, blows by everyone at 10 over the speed limit, then expects to get let in. That happened yesterday to me, he thought I'd let him in if he turned over in front of me. I did let him over since he was going to hit me if I didn't, but the gray PVC in the back of his truck got "scooted" over by my front fender. Was kinda funny seeing long sticks hanging out the side of his bed.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    I grew up in the country, folks were friendly everybody waved,EVERYBODY.
    People would come out to visit and say, 'that guy thinks he knows me , he waved at me.'
    When i moved into the city, things changed, people changed. Ive gotten in several fights because i waved at someone.
    I dont wave unless they wave first , unless you let me in traffic , now thats a peev.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Funny how people who owe me money don't wave anymore.
    It's like they don't even see me (small town).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in