+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Divorce

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr horsepower View Post
    my reply was a sarcastic one (in response to his intentional mis-spelling of that word). i guess that didn't occur to you guys.

* for what it's worth - if he hadn't intentionally written it that way to begin with, he would have spelled it 'alright' or 'all right' but not 'alwright'.
    Ok.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    my perspective is different from yours, I became a widower after 16 years together, there was no divorce. I held the bottle of pills in one hand and the whiskey in the other and stared for a long time. We get those feelings when the situation at hand challenges our ability to cope, and brother are you being challenged right now. I am still here for the same reason you are still here, and that reason is good enough. My sister went through a similar situation a few years back and she got screwed because she didn't consult a lawyer. I am sure you still have feelings for this woman, but before you let your emotions rule the situation, you should at the VERY LEAST consult a lawyer who is experienced in these matters. It has been over two years since Trisha died and I am still dealing with the legal aspects of it all with no end in sight, my lawyer (who is rated among the very best in my area) has been absolutely invaluable. It will be very well worth your time to speak to an attourney, and you should find the best one available. At least be aware of your rights and responsibilities, it can save you MAJOR hassles down the road.
    One more thing.... hiring a lawyer is like hiring an HVAC contractor. Ask around for ref's, find somebody who has a lot of experience, avoid the low-ballers, don't buy **Goodman, etc.
    Bottom line here: Protect what is most important, you already know what that is
    I am glad you made the right choice Sam. You are a good person to share this.

Post Likes
    Work hard,make plenty of money,it will help.Its much better to be miserable with dollars in your pocket than down and out and broke to go along with it.The work will keep you from dwelling on it constantly,and'll make ya sleep better to.
    There are three signs of old age.
    The first is your loss of memory,
    the other two I forget.

Post Likes

depressing

Right now I am packing up my house. every where I look I see memories of my family. I can honestly say that I have NEVER felt so alone.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    in time my friend you will be a whole man. You must. Now is to feel like $hit, lonely, bad, depressed. It's the same as grieving the death of someone close. But it aint the end of the world. You think it is, but, 10 zillion of us on the other side have been where your at. It will get better, but it aint suppose to happen now. In time.

I wish there was a magic way to show you that one day down the road, your life is going to be even better than it was before, and it will, but you see, you have to march through the dark woods to get there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly tech View Post
    Work hard,make plenty of money,it will help.Its much better to be miserable with dollars in your pocket than down and out and broke to go along with it.

My brother use to tell me many moons ago, money is not everything but it sure
    makes living in misery better.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    I was divorced once, I thought it was the end of the world at the time.
    Then after a while I met Robin, my wife, and the world was and has been a brighter, better place.

Time heals all wounds.

You have a lot of friends here, don't hesitate to ask for help or even just an ear to talk to anytime. e-mail me if you'd like my number.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Been there, Done that, Didn't even get a T-Shirt.
    It gets better.
    Just take care of yourself.

Post Likes
    The other night my wife told me that she doesn't love me anymore.I don't know what to say.LIFE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

thodlow -

First of all: maybe she is just trying to get your attention.

Women are guerrilla fighters - never forget that. Men are up-front and want to go toe-to-toe. Women, out of necessity; are not like that.

Second of all: This may be the very best thing that has ever happened to you. Come on now: who wants to spend time with someone who doesn't love them? Which, if what she says is true; you have been doing.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly tech View Post
    Work hard,make plenty of money,it will help.Its much better to be miserable with dollars in your pocket than down and out and broke to go along with it.The work will keep you from dwelling on it constantly,and'll make ya sleep better to.
    Wait until your divorced thou, she might get that half also.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    First of all: maybe she is just trying to get your attention.

Women are guerrilla fighters - never forget that. Men are up-front and want to go toe-to-toe. Women, out of necessity; are not like that.

Second of all: This may be the very best thing that has ever happened to you. Come on now: who wants to spend time with someone who doesn't love them? Which, if what she says is true; you have been doing.
    This is a great question. Only obsessive/possessive people and stalkers would argue this point. What most people resist is root change. Creatures of habit, we are. Arguably, adults should be able to come to terms with change faster and more efficiently than children, which is why some traumas are life altering in children.

Fast-forward my point: It is a selfish person who puts themselves before their children... That said, children who are subject to an abusive/aggresive lifestyle need to be moved out and quickly... History repeats itself through children, but if it is an adult's selfish wants that produce child suffering, it's as good as a crime against humanity.

Increasingly, adults are becoming more and more selfish, not considering anything or anyone around them except their own wants. In their own youth they have been taught that whatever they want, they are entitled to, no matter what stands between them and the greener grasses across the river, it is their's to have. Lying on applications, jumping the lines, pulling up the shoulder or merge lane all defer to this type of attitude. The more people put their wants up front the less they care about the outside world. Without knowing it, this affects their reality and contrary to popular belief the id is a notorious liar.

The reason behind "I don't love you anymore" is probably closer to "You're a slug and I want more".
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2˘.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in