+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    No haven't changed the battery but say I take the gauge off and it was reading 500 hundred at the time it doesn't go back to say ol it stay reading a vac when open to atmosphere. It's the svg2. It's super frustrating. I can't trust it right now and feel like I need to replace it.
    Call Fieldpiece and ask for Russ or Travis and we will take care of you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I have the sc56. Its all I need to carry now, it does it all.

My only wish is that the test leads were longer....
    I love my sc56 meter as well and is all I use.

My wish is for a place on the back of the sc56 to protect the leads
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Post Likes
    i love the field piece sman3 just makes the job so much easier

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by suffolk2012 View Post
    i love the field piece sman3 just makes the job so much easier
    X's 2.
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Post Likes
    My company purchased 6 SMAN3 gauge sets 4 have failed in the manifold section. Would love to see this technology in a separate unit I could use inline with my manifold set or a better manifold design. The plastic sealing ring at the end of a brass screw port is really disappointment for the cost of the set up.,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by national matt View Post
    My company purchased 6 SMAN3 gauge sets 4 have failed in the manifold section. Would love to see this technology in a separate unit I could use inline with my manifold set or a better manifold design. The plastic sealing ring at the end of a brass screw port is really disappointment for the cost of the set up.,
    Sp it's the manifold that failed on all the units and not the electronic head unit?
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Post Likes
    Heard some good and some bad about Fieldpiece. I want to buy a digital gauge set but I hate the stuff is not made in America.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke View Post
    Sp it's the manifold that failed on all the units and not the electronic head unit?
    Yes all 4 had the exact same symptoms. No control of the high side valve

Post Likes
    I bought an HS36 and have really enjoyed it.My complaint is with the alligator leads.They are too short to use by themselves on most cases and the angle plugs connected to the other leads makes for a crappy looking set up that can get caught up.Just wish the (1) the alligator leads were longer or (2) the alligator leads had straight connectors.Other than that I like the meter.My other issue is with the SC45 only having an ohm range of 400. True that's good for many things but with new equipment using thermistors a lot it's no good.As long as you know it's limitations its a pretty good small meter.

Post Likes
    Is there a magnet strap for the sc77? I have the srh2 and love the magnet strap deal

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by national matt View Post
    We have a new material for the valve seats. Please PM your address and I'll send out the new valves right away. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Still waiting for my longer test leads........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    We have a new material for the valve seats. Please PM your address and I'll send out the new valves right away. Thanks!
    Was there a serial number start on the new valve seats? I have a set of sman3s for 8 months now. Absolutely love them. Though I have noticed they don't appreciate high velocity discharges of refrigerant through the manifold. I haven't had the valves jam or stick on me so maybe I might have the newer design already.

Post Likes
    I have had my SMAN3 for a year now and love it! I had to have the High Side valve repaired, but Russell took care of it very quickly. I tried the Testos, but just don't have the features of the SMAN3. I just purchased the LT17AW wireless DMM and look forward to it making temp readings easier. Keep up the good work guys and thanks for the Great customer service, it is rare these days!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmvbrfd View Post
    Is there a magnet strap for the sc77? I have the srh2 and love the magnet strap deal
    I'd like to know about this magnet too. Only thing I miss after switching from UEI
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Post Likes
    Still waiting for my longer test leads........
    I finally went and bought the Fluke twist-lock leads, much better! They work great on my SC56.

Post Likes
    our company recently purchesed 20 SMAN sets, 5 have failed as well, one with a screen issue, My personal set hasnt failed, however I have not used the micron gague yet. My only complant is the clamps, too frail and break too easy. And one last note, the rep from Fieldpiece that came to our office to show all the techs EXACTLY how to use, read and correctly understand them showed us a youtube video of them dropping them off a roof and stuff, No real go through at all, I would have liked to see him hook them up and demonstrate EXACTLY how to use them correctly, read them, understand them, clean them before switching refridgerants, ect.. or if you have a site on the internet that gives an extencive cource to watch, that would be great! Thanks...

Post Likes

Hs36

i love my hs 36 its awesome by far best meter i have bought but lately it has been reading voltage when it turns even when i am not testing anything changed the batterys but still does any ideas on what the prob could be meter less than a year old

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I finally went and bought the Fluke twist-lock leads, much better! They work great on my SC56.
    I was trying out that " great customer service " ...... thought Russ might send some freebies my way.........

Post Likes
    I was trying out that " great customer service " ...... thought Russ might send some freebies my way.........
    its worth a try!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in