+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Entry Level Service Technician Position!

Post Likes

Need Entry Level Service Technician Position!

I recently graduated from the refrigeration school in phoenix arizona.I know given the chance i will be a lead technician someday but i need someone to want to invest in me.Any advice on how to get your foot in the door to a reputable company with no experience?Is anyone hiring entry level Technicians in the west valley?Thank you for your time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hterrell View Post
    I recently graduated from the refrigeration school in phoenix arizona.I know given the chance i will be a lead technician someday but i need someone to want to invest in me.Any advice on how to get your foot in the door to a reputable company with no experience?Is anyone hiring entry level Technicians in the west valley?Thank you for your time.
    I think your best bet is get in contact with every company in your area and inquire about a helper position..an interview is all it takes to get a foot in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you for the advice,i will take that into consideration.Have a good day.

Post Likes
    How does Iowa sound to you? We are a union shop, and would like to start someone at the tradesman level, enventually working into the apprenticeship.

Post Likes
    All the above and practice for the interview. Find out as much about the company as you can. Dress nicely, speak clearly, carry yourself well and act excited for the opportunity( nothing over the top). Be honest about your experience. Good luck.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Carbon;18454181]All the above and practice for the interview. Find out as much about the company as you can. Dress nicely, speak clearly, carry yourself well and act excited for the opportunity( nothing over the top). Be honest about your experience. Good luck.[/QUOTE

Thank you.I do that but i'm not quitting.Thanks again and have a great day.

Post Likes
    I don't think i will transfer to Iowa but thank you for the response.Have a good day.

Post Likes
    Don't waste your time with online applications. You need to hustle door to door.

Look for reputable HVAC companies in your area and visit them in person. Ask to speak with the owner/service manager/human resources manager regarding a service tech position. Show them you're passionate, willing to learn, and don't give up until you find something. Good luck!

Post Likes
    California needs lots of techs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    California needs lots of techs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Who cares.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Don't waste your time with online applications. You need to hustle door to door.

Look for reputable HVAC companies in your area and visit them in person. Ask to speak with the owner/service manager/human resources manager regarding a service tech position. Show them you're passionate, willing to learn, and don't give up until you find something. Good luck!
    Did that.They said they would call.Thank you though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in