+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walk in freezer

Post Likes

Unhappy Walk in freezer

i am working on walking freezer
    which was not running
    faulty starting component
    ran unit it trip on low pressure switch.
    frost on txv and distributor tubing
    h.p 350 l.p 25# amb. temp 95*-100
    l.p rises when not operating. l.l solenoid faulty
    Replace l.l valve and filter drier . Recover (404a) freon
    flush system after disconnecting txv w/dry nitrogen lots of oil came out of distributor tubing pull vacuum, break vacuum w/dry nitrogen 5# and again pull vacuum for 4 hrs. charged unit h.p 225 l.p25# box temp after 1 hr 53* frost still building on txv outlet and distributor. i am suspecting system is contaminated any idea what is going on my next step is to replace txv valve before doing that i wanna mke sure syetem is clean. is ther a way to check the system w/out opening.
    any assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated

Post Likes
    charged unit h.p 225 l.p25# box temp after 1 hr 53* frost still building on txv outlet and distributor. i am suspecting system is contaminated any idea what is going on my next step is to replace txv valve before doing that i wanna mke sure syetem is clean. is ther a way to check the system
    w/out opening.

With the number you show, it looked pretty good to me, maybe a little under charge. Frosting is normal.

What is your sub cooling? ________ super heat? _________
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

Post Likes
    Why do you think it's contaminated when you tell us you pulled the charge and vacuumed everything? Assuming you charged as a liquid.... Without any temps other than your pressures it would seem to me you have a restriction. Would be helpful to have a superheat number to know what the expansion valve is doing. If you have a receiver then I wouldn't worry about subcooling. Superheat would be anywhere from 6-10 for my taste but maintaining your 20 degree compressor superheat. Taking a superheat reading I bet will point you the right direction.

Post Likes
    Not a lot to go on here, but I would pump it down and check and clean the tx screen... Could have a weak power head too.

Post Likes
    Thanks all of you guys for advice iam going there today I wil remember 3. things for sure They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it

Post Likes
    So the cooler was walking before and now it's the freezer? Better catch them before they walk too far. I have read your posts. It's time to call a qualified tech and stop asking for free advice. If you really are a tech, you need some serious education. It seems all you do is change parts hoping for a fix. Pick up the Fundamentals of Refrigeration, which is standard text at the trade schools, and don't put it down until you learn something.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Your walking freezer is building frost on the TXV?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Your walking freezer is building frost on the TXV?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Where's the monty python "run away!!!!" picture at?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Where's the monty python "run away!!!!" picture at?!
    That's only if they "fart in your general direction"...

Post Likes
    It's already walking, farting can't be too far away!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Qamar View Post
    Thanks all of you guys for advice iam going there today I wil remember 3. things for sure They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it

Post Likes
    Thanx for your advice

Post Likes
    check txv screen it's clean turn off avap.fan to see flow of refrigerant , frost was building all across evap coil follow sporlan instructions to adjust SH left unit running all night chk next morning box temp went down to 20*F. 1/4 turn stem to chk if it goes down further. I am debating if there is a mismatch. I have collected all the info.will do a serious anylisis.

Post Likes
    egads man!

what establishment can make due without their walk-in freezer? it's pushing a month now.

Give us more info to fix this thing.

Post Likes
    Slow an steady wins the race phase. Lol.

Post Likes
    I bought that book refer for hvac techs. Pretty good information there.

Slow and steady will keep the calls backing up and you will never get home

Post Likes
    You are right . ,this unit was not working they were using 3 door reach-in. When i start they do not want the same guy working who change out the compressor a year ago. like i said box went down to20*F after getting info. from all the experties from hvactalk. I did accomlish a lot working on this unit. There is lot lot to be learned I will keep u updated I am going back tomorrow. I still believe system there is something wrong.

Post Likes
    There must be. Box should run 0 to -10
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    There must be. Box should run 0 to -10
    That's what iam trying to achieve

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    egads man!

what establishment can make due without their walk-in freezer? it's pushing a month now.

Give us more info to fix this thing.
    You are right . ,this unit was not working at they were using 3 door reach-in. When i started they do not want the same guy working who change out the compressor a year ago. like i said box went down to20*F after getting info. from all the experties from hvactalk. I did accomlish a lot working on this unit,and still there is lot lot to be learned I will keep u updated I am going back tomorrow. I still believe the system is not running to it's full capacity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in