+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beating a dead Horse

Post Likes

Confused Beating a dead Horse

Alright my freinds, I hate to beat a dead horse but, I really would like your opinion.

What is,

!. the best cordless drill

2. the best oxy-acetalene kit

any information as to why you answer the way you do would be appreciated.

“Automation may be a good thing, but don’t forget that it began with Frankenstein.” – Anonymous

Post Likes
    Best cordless drill: For what kind of work?

My new little Festool CXS is by far my favorite drill I've ever owned. So light and portable. Quite a bit of torque too. Not cheap.

I also still have my dewalt 36v Hammer drill on the truck, but it rarely gets used.

If I had to do it all over again for HVACR work, I would look at one of the next size up Festools. Something that can take up to 1/2" bits.

Post Likes
    I use the makita 1/2" hammer drill. They've seemed to last awhile. I also use the makita mini impact. Nice and handy.
    Knowledge comes with experience

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Fetter View Post
    Best cordless drill: For what kind of work?

My new little Festool CXS is by far my favorite drill I've ever owned. So light and portable. Quite a bit of torque too. Not cheap.

I also still have my dewalt 36v Hammer drill on the truck, but it rarely gets used.

If I had to do it all over again for HVACR work, I would look at one of the next size up Festools. Something that can take up to 1/2" bits.
    I have a brother in law that swears by Festool. Aren't they super expensive? I will have to check them out again.

I have had good luck with my Dewault 12v lithium ion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I have a brother in law that swears by Festool. Aren't they super expensive? I will have to check them out again.

I have had good luck with my Dewault 12v lithium ion.
    Their tools are more expensive than most other brands. But they are extremely well built, well thought out, and from what I've seen online, they stand behind their products with near unrivaled customer support.

I've only started my collection

Post Likes
    I'm quite satisfied with my Milwaukee M12 impact and cordless drill.

Post Likes
    I LOVE my Milwaukee 18v Lithium Ion set. I've got the hammer drill, impact driver, sawzall and flashlight kit. The only issue I've had is the Sawzall chuck. The first time I used this was cutting drywall overhead for a return grill. The dust got in the chuck and it was having issues closing on a new blade. All it took was a little breaking in to fix this issue.

Post Likes
    I love my Milwaukee M12. Torches? I prefer Turbotorch.

Post Likes
    I've been sold on my 18volt Makita stuff. The batteries charge really fast (15 minutes), and last long enough to do two full installs usually.

Post Likes
    Milwaukee m12 all the way. I use my m12 screwdriver for just about everything. It has great power for running screws. I also have the hackzall and the hammer drill.

Post Likes
    Makita 18v impact and a small bag i can clip to my jean belt loops with the most often used chucks and a magnetic dish pan.

I can pull apart 6 RTUs in about 15 to 20 minutes. Its very durable. I have had mine for 7 years now and it is still running with the same batteries I got when I bought it. It's light weight and has a light on it.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    Makita 18 volt Lithium Ion.

It looks like a black and white Air Jordan Basketball shoe

Torch set ? Its the guy using it IMO more than the torch.

Ive haf my Imperial rig for about 15 years now.

Post Likes
    Just recently picked up the milwaukee fuel 18v impact. It has a brushes motor and three different tork/speed settings . Its an Awsome drill...

I have been using the small bosh impact lithium 12v for three years.. its been fantastic . It's very light and can take off and put on panels all day...
    It also keeps you from stripping out screw holes.....man I hate when people strip out screws on RTU panels
    If its worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Post Likes
    Makita 12v ,

Post Likes
    My m12 driver has lasted about a year. Now the torque selector no longer clicks as you adjust it and the brake quit working. Hasnt bothered me enough to replace it but a bit irritating.

Post Likes
    I use the compact milwaukee 18v lithium ion. The weight savings is nice and the batteries last a good while on a charge.

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Post Likes
    A bat is what I use to beat a dead horse.

I like the M12 Milwaukee. I use an Oxy-Acc.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Whatever brand you decide to go with make sure it's LI-ION!

Another vote for the M12. Love that thing and its takin a pretty good beating too. Dropped it about 15' on to concrete with no ill effects.

Also for a 18v set I just bought the new Makita Brushless Drill/impact set. Haven't used them a lot but I'm very pleased so far. Both are real light and quiet.

As for the Oxy/Acetylene I'm in the same boat. Looking to switch from air/acetylene. I used another techs oxy/acetylene rig the other day for a troublesome TEV. WOW!!, I'm never going back!!!

Post Likes
    I wanna see someone braze a 1 5/8 inch copper pipe with an air/acetylene rig so I can laugh at them 5 mins after they start, take a nap, wake up, and laugh some more.

Not literally, I couldn't do that. I would watch for 5 minutes then say stop, stop, stop, and grab my oxy/ace torch and say here.

(FYI I replaced a compressor on a PCA at the airport tonight. Suction line is 1 5/8 inch copper, discharge line is 1 inch. Unit is factory charge to 75 Lbs R-22. My Appion TEZ8 and Megaflow speed kit sucked it down to 378 microns in 1 1/2 hours. God, I love that vacuum set.)
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in