View Poll Results: Do you use a micron guage when pulling a vacuum?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 90.63%
  • Nope, we don't own one.

12 9.38%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you use a micron guage?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    And that ok Buddy we all started somewhere unlike some here that will make you feel so bad and belittle folks because they were born with a micron gauge in there butt and a NATE certificate in there hand and a Sling Psychrometer in there teeth. Rather than putting folks down here that haven't used these few tools of the trade we "Pro's" should be encouraging old and new Pro's that haven't been using these tools how these tools can be beneficial to them in servicing a/c equipment. I guess instead of the sarcasm and put downs use our knowledge and experience and treat these folks as students and teach them as any good teacher should, remember none here knows it all anyway, but if we all work "together" we can all gain knowledge from one another, "maybe" even something we did not know, just my two cents.
    That is why you are a gent Mr. Bill.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    No offense, but contaminents are removed by a good flushing (acid, oil sludge, stuff like that) a vacuum pump will remove air along with moisture and non condensibles.
    Sorry I was not more specific clover but IMO anything that may be in the system EXCEPT for refrigerant and oil is a contaminent .

Post Likes
    That is why you are a gent Mr. Bill.
    ........ and I am not , but hey I never claimed to be !!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refrtech View Post
    Sorry I was not more specific clover but IMO anything that may be in the system EXCEPT for refrigerant and oil is a contaminent .
    No use splitting hairs. We probably have some regional terminology here that would not agree with some of the every day procedures used in your neck of the woods.

Post Likes
    ........ and I am not , but hey I never claimed to be !!
    You're one of the best. Don't be humble.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirby4 View Post
    we mandate that every time a system is open a new filter dryer is installed.
    you must be a bossman where you work.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    You're one of the best. Don't be humble.
    Awwww ain't that sweet !! I can really feel the love now !! lol

Post Likes
    Awwww ain't that sweet !! I can really feel the love now !! lol
    where abouts in the Baltimore area are you? I grew up about 45 minutes from Balitmore.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    where abouts in the Baltimore area are you? I grew up about 45 minutes from Balitmore.
    I grew up in Columbia and now live in Hanover PA , just over the MD/PA line .

Post Likes
    I grew up in Columbia and now live in Hanover PA , just over the MD/PA line .
    You've got to be ****tin me. Thats where I grew up.

Where at in Hanover are you?

I grew up right around South West High School

Post Likes
    I live a few blocks from The Magic Elm skatting Rink going twoards McSherrystown .

Post Likes
    I know where your at. Over by the school. I can't think of the name of it now. Is it Dalone?

anyhow, yup your in my old neck of the woods. my family lives near South West and my in-laws live out near the old West Manhiem elementary school.

Post Likes
    How can you say 30"hg is a perfect vacumm???

30"hg your actual micron level can be 5,000+

When I intall equip the mfg requires your vacuum to reach 250 to 500 microns and hold for a set amout of hours (depending on the mfg.)

Are you just making fun of me, or are you really clueless?

Post Likes
    30" hg is a perfect vacuum and is not possible. I believe the most that can be pulled with a vacuum pump is around 28"hg.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fitterchick View Post

When I intall equip the mfg requires your vacuum to reach 250 to 500 microns and hold for a set amout of hours (depending on the mfg.)

Don't get lost on your terminology.

Take a moment to read what you are typing, those guys are far from clueless.

Post Likes
    Do some searching on the internet. Your gauge may show you 30"hg, but the vacuum is realy no where near that.

Go read, and when you have a clue come back and tell us how close 30"hg is to a perfect vacuum.

Post Likes

On the inches of mercury scale it would be a perfect vacuum. He just expressed it differently than you.

But if your waiting for the vacuum to hold for hours, are you doing this in commercial or resi work? Or did it come out of the several refer reference manuals I HAVE SEEN AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET?

Don't think any body I know will would wait that long as fifteen minutes or twenty five is usually enough time to discover if you have a leak.

Post Likes

I'm Clueless !! :)

WTF are you talking about ? I think that you may be lost somewhere . First you 1/2 quoted a statement that I made but are arguing about a statement that someone else made !! Oh and do me a favor , please do not quote what I say out of context !! This is what I said .... when your gauge on your manifold gets to 30"hg your actual micron level can be 5,000+ !!!

Post Likes

No it can't.

Wow.

Only make fun of people when ther are wrong
    Go read.

Post Likes
    lol......... I live for these little moments.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in