+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Evaporator and condenser installed . R-22

Post Likes

New Evaporator and condenser installed . R-22

Hi guys. I just change out a evaporator and a condenser for a w/in ref. I notice the txv outlet is frosting where the spider going to coil. I running R-22 and my pressure is 50psi suction and 260 high side. Site glass is clear and temperature is 40- 38 F. It was running good for a week and the evaporator ice up. I deice coil and everything looks ok except frosting coming out the txv. Is this normal for r-22 ? Thanks Eric

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 808jib View Post
    Hi guys. I just change out a evaporator and a condenser for a w/in ref. I notice the txv outlet is frosting where the spider going to coil. I running R-22 and my pressure is 50psi suction and 260 high side. Site glass is clear and temperature is 40- 38 F. It was running good for a week and the evaporator ice up. I deice coil and everything looks ok except frosting coming out the txv. Is this normal for r-22 ? Thanks Eric
    Yes. Has nothing to do with R22. It is normal for anything below 32*f to frost.

Post Likes
    Put a defrost clock on it!
    a stupid question is a question you wont to ask, but don't

Post Likes
    Check the box for infiltration. Warm moist air will suck into the box through any opening and freeze on the coil. Check door gaskets and penetrations for line sets and electrical. Also check door closure and latch that they close and hold door sealed. Usually don't need defrost on coolers however if your box is beat up and full of gaps it may be the most cost effective solution as long as it makes set point. Oh ya and tell them not to prop door open.

Post Likes
    Could be low air flow through the cooling coil. This basic. Increase the air flow through the coil.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Wouldn't hurt to check evap superheat. Might need to open up the txv a bit.

Post Likes
    I notice some r-22 meduim temp system some sweat coming out the txv and some frost. I know r-12 doesnt frost.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cboe View Post
    Put a defrost clock on it!
    Usually Meduim temp does not require defrost timer since temperature is above 32F.

Post Likes
    Usually Meduim temp does not require defrost timer since temperature is above 32F.
    In a perfect world.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I notice some r-22 meduim temp system some sweat coming out the txv and some frost. I know r-12 doesnt frost.
    Can you explain more about this phenomenon?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    In a perfect world.
    I agree. I service 2 walk in coolers and 2 walk in freezers. Two run r12 and two r22. All have defrost timers. If the cooler was installed charged and left alone it probably would be fine. As soon as you add people into the mix it is over. They can't seem to close the doors! Not to mention plastic and all sorts of other trash that gets on the coil.

Post Likes
    How many defrost time you put per day and how long ?

Post Likes
    I usually put it for 15min 3 times during the day and 30-35 min about 2:00am.

I work for a fast food company that is not open 24hrs they leave around mid night so the 30-35min at that time is ok because no one is opening the door.
    Never iced up again.

Post Likes
    Huh?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    I usually put it for 15min 3 times during the day and 30-35 min about 2:00am.

I work for a fast food company that is not open 24hrs they leave around mid night so the 30-35min at that time is ok because no one is opening the door.
    Never iced up again.
    Do you work at jack in the box ? I work at jack in the box, but they are 24 hrs. We have a internal auditor comes every quarter and check food saftey.Temperature of w/in ref have to be 41F or below. If it 41.1F. Store calls me and have to be there in a hour. Otherwise they have to throw the food away.

Post Likes
    Very little of the information that you have provided is useful.

You've given us a suction and head pressure and that the sightglass is full.

Given this information, I'm a little concerned. 50 PSIG seems a bit on the high side for a WI cooler.

With a 26 degree coil temperature, frost is inevitable. It is how we deal with it that we're concerned with.

What is the primary control? What is the defrost control? How are they set?

Have you measured superheat? What is it?

Post Likes
    Do you work at jack in the box ? I work at jack in the box, but they are 24 hrs. We have a internal auditor comes every quarter and check food saftey.Temperature of w/in ref have to be 41F or below. If it 41.1F. Store calls me and have to be there in a hour. Otherwise they have to throw the food away.

Not any more, Got laid off last year.

You must work for a franchise? Because they closed the corporate facilities department last May.

Post Likes
    Yes I agree on the opening of doors of cooler. Most times we got calls was everytime the delivery truck came and the door is left open never shut and sucks in hot air from kitchen then it freezes up and they call it aint working. Defrost it and it works good again until next delivery day.

Post Likes
    What area you was working at ? I work in franchise in Hawaii. It use to be corperate. We was the first one to get franchise in 2006.

Post Likes
    I worked in the So-Cal area.

You probably know a guy named Salem? Corporate sent him over ther to train you guys on some of the equipment a few years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in