+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium AX ModbusTCP to BACnetMSTP

Post Likes

Tridium AX ModbusTCP to BACnetMSTP

Hello,

I have a heat pump with Gforce supervisor system and a Jace2.
    The communication of HP is ModbusTCP and need translate the HP to BACnet MSTP

On the Jace, I created a BACnet network and a ModbusTCPSalve Network.

Questions are, after create all my Modbus Points (under Device->Points); Where can I create the virtual BACnet points? and Must I create a ServerPoints or I just need to create link between each points (Modbus -> BACnet) ?

Thx!

Post Likes
    You would create the points under the bacnet network/local device/export table.

Post Likes
    Ok and after just a link between Modbus and BACnet point?

Post Likes
    I don't know AX very well as I don't work on it much... But if you're just trying to do a straight network conversion maybe it'd be easier (and cheaper?) to do that with a FieldServer? I know you can get them to engineer your a solution preloaded if you don't know how to configure FieldServers, I've never gone that route so I don't know what it'd cost but from talking with other guys that seems to be a popular option.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by black_syphilis View Post
    Ok and after just a link between Modbus and BACnet point?
    You do not need a link when you export a point in the Bacnet Export Manager. You just discover the points you want to export and give them an AV or BV number.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_md View Post
    I don't know AX very well as I don't work on it much... But if you're just trying to do a straight network conversion maybe it'd be easier (and cheaper?) to do that with a FieldServer? I know you can get them to engineer your a solution preloaded if you don't know how to configure FieldServers, I've never gone that route so I don't know what it'd cost but from talking with other guys that seems to be a popular option.
    I think he already has the jace.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=noskilltech;14675321]You do not need a link when you export a point in the Bacnet Export Manager. You just discover the points you want to export and give them an AV or BV number.

Oh yeah Good!

But I can't write the BACnet point directly on Export Table (BACnet Writable: in1 to in16) but with other device or software, I will can discover and modify the BACnet point, right?

Post Likes
    Absolutely correct - once the point is exported from the BACnet Export Table, you can modify the points defined as writable from other devices or software. Just be sure to write to points at the priority levels you've defined (you can be selective, allowing writing only on certain priority levels, or can simply expose the writables at all priority levels).

Post Likes
    Bad day!

I integrated my modbus Thermopump to BACnet MSTP, I can read all my BACnet point BUT I can't write on them with third software (Bacstage / Metasys / Orcaview), it's said like Write denied.
    I created writable modbus point and after I selected BACnet point with all priority level.
    Below the image:
    Name:  ScreenShot350.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  52.0 KB

Anyone have idea??

Post Likes
    The station automatically creates a user named BACnet. You need to assign the BACnet user operator write permissions to the BACnet export components.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    What is the link between the BACnet user with write permissions and the other BACnet software?

Post Likes
    Nothing really, as the client doesn't need to authenticate. It is just an added step in the station engineering to allow BACnet client devices to write to the exposed BACnet objects.

In Workbench hit ctrl + L, and paste in this link, local:|module://docBacnet/doc/aBACnetServerAccess.html .
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in