+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Head and suction pressure relationships

Post Likes

Head and suction pressure relationships

I understand that high head pressure will raise your suction pressure, and that high suction will raise your head pressure. But I was wondering if this is solely based on the compressors compression ratio or if their is something else involved.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinder View Post
    I understand that high head pressure will raise your suction pressure, and that high suction will raise your head pressure. But I was wondering if this is solely based on the compressors compression ratio or if their is something else involved.
    Heat gain and heat loss are the main factors, gain too many btu's in the evaporator; suction goes up, cant get rid of enough btu's in the condenser; well they stay for another ride and head goes up, all the compressor is doing is moving the merry go round, when too many riders (btu's) get in and not enough get out, well there is trouble.

Post Likes
    That makes perfect sense, thanks a lot!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Heat gain and heat loss are the main factors, gain too many btu's in the evaporator; suction goes up, cant get rid of enough btu's in the condenser; well they stay for another ride and head goes up, all the compressor is doing is moving the merry go round, when too many riders (btu's) get in and not enough get out, well there is trouble.
    Excellent!!!

Post Likes
    Good analogy Val.. The science behind it is Dalton's law... And your p.t. Chart... Raise the pressure you raise the temp and lower the pressure you lower the temp... So if it compression and load related the law stands because you are increasing work being done... If it is false load such as dirty condenser you raise the pressure which will......increase the pressure. Conversely in a evaporator if you plug it up you lower the temp which lowers your pressure because there is less work being done (heat transfer).... Hope it helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in