+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacuum pump oil

Post Likes

Vacuum pump oil

hello fellow techs I was wondering how would you guys handle your vac pump oil? at my shop they only supply us with oil from a drum and we have to put it in our own containers! I was wondering do you guys buy your own pints or gallons? and should i be concerned about moisture getting in the oil if I put it in my own container from the drum?

thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by relay101 View Post
    hello fellow techs I was wondering how would you guys handle your vac pump oil? at my shop they only supply us with oil from a drum and we have to put it in our own containers! I was wondering do you guys buy your own pints or gallons? and should i be concerned about moisture getting in the oil if I put it in my own container from the drum?

thanks
    That sucks imo I buy it in both the pints and by the gallon depending on how big a job I am doing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    I buy it in both the pints and by the gallon depending on how big a job I am doing.
    I do the same

Post Likes
    How is that Container Labled? Seems like you would be in violation of US DOT and State DOT laws. Of course I'm sure you have it filed in your M.S.D.S. Booklet that you keep updated and carry in your cab at all times

Post Likes
    Relay,
    I, myself, tend to believe that ALL oil is hygroscopic to some degree. Vacuum pump oil is no exception, and if you're taking from bulk containers.... as that container gets emptier it contains more air/moisture, right?? Really wouldn't be much different than just never changing the oil at all, and I know you don't allow that to happen. Just my opinion as a tech who works a lot of low-temp equip. using POE. Kevin.

Post Likes
    I only use the gal jugs, keep the top on tight and hope for the best.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    buy Gal then empty in quarts and seal tight
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    you change the oil??? WOW I never -- ROFLMAO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    you change the oil??? WOW I never -- ROFLMAO
    Every 2 yr or 100,000 hrs which ever comes first

Just kidding
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes

pump oil

We buy in quarts and gallons. Pints are found around here very often. Several guys still have welch belt drive pumps, they tend to get the gallon jugs. We also send they with five gallon waste oil pails. The smaller guys only get gallon or two gallon waste pails.

The main office has a waste oil burner. We preform some of our own oil changes. Some guys send vehicles into the local quick lube others like doing it themselves. Sometimes it get's busy and they go to the quick lube also. I do really care as long as it is done.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in