+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best bbq joints?

Post Likes
    the radavue in memphis tennesee made the best ribs i've ever had. another place in memphis i think is called corkey's, also very good. around here i go to road side bbq's.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Whale4 View Post
    here in NY best around is Dinosaur BBQ
    Is that the one upstate or in the Bronx, Have been to the Bronx and it is great.

Post Likes
    We also have this new place on Long Island "Smokin Al's" . The place opened about 6 months ago and has been the source of many complaints to the Village. Seems the residents that live close by do not like the smell of barbque cooking. They have been trying to run this guy out of town since the first week. All the publicity has made the place the hotest spot in town.

All because some locals purchased homes that back up to commercal property they now want al's to spend $200,000 on a system to remove all smell from the cooking exaust. People who by homes next to the railroad will want silent train horns next.

Post Likes
    Sconyer's BBQ Augusta,Ga Tarheel Q Lexington,NC Hog Rock Cafe Lexington,NC Joe's BBQ Alvin,Tx are some of my favorites Nothing like a NC pig pickin.LOL

Post Likes
    Busters in California. He looks like chef from southpark. He started out on a street corner just him and his grill. He ended up with a few restaurants before he died. I have'nt eaten there since. Its just not the same. His mom made tiny little sweet potato pies.

Post Likes
    BOOT LEG B.B.Q. in Fern Creek , Ky... But the best B.B.Q in the world, to me personally is North Carolina style With the slaw right on top MMM!!!MMM!!! GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Love BBQ but none around here that's worth a sh!t. Had a good one but he couldn't compete with the chain joints. Found a dive about an hours drive away. Can't recall the name. If anyone is looking for a business opportunity, I know where there is a lot of BBQ eaters.

Post Likes
    Elkton, MD GREAT BRISKET
    Durham's Best Barbeque Carry Out
    (410) 620-6250
    90 Fletchwood Rd, Elkton, MD 21921

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC LLC View Post
    Over on this end of I-70, Gates, (I did his HVAC for 7 years) Bryant's, K.C. Masterpiece, Smokestack all very good. Come on over in the fall for the American Royal BBQ contest, a good time.
    I stopped at The Salt Lick in Dripping Springs-Driftwood (Austin) area Texas, their beans sucked, no fries on the place, Brisket was awesome, but that was all.
    Don't forget about Oklahoma Joes in KCK either...........
    We have done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Post Likes
    zarda bbq kc
    fiorellas jack stack kc
    quicks bbq kc
    arthur bryants bbq kc
    gates bbq kc
    smoke stack bbq kc
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    oaklahoma joes i forgot 1

also famous daves in kck

yummmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnette View Post
    Don't forget about Oklahoma Joes in KCK either...........

Post Likes
    oh yeah

kc masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    i will try it

Quote Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
    P i g g y ’ s B B Q

Here’s the info -
    327 S. Main Street
    O'Fallon, MO 63366

636-272-PIGGY (7444)

http://www.piggysbarbq.com

Post Likes
    slaw? fries? are y'all sure you ain't eatin a mc rib and callin it bbq?
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    texans dont know bbq!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just chili!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    slaw? fries? are y'all sure you ain't eatin a mc rib and callin it bbq?

Post Likes
    i guess in kc they put beans in chili. if you ever come to central tx i will take you to a real bbq joint. no sauce, just a sheet of wax paper with piles of pure heaven. brisket, sausage, pork loin, ribs(beef or pork) all smoked on an oak pit for more hours than it takes to add brown sugar to kc sauce(which i can only guess takes several hours).
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    only the lowest form of scum puts beans in chili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i guess in kc they put beans in chili. if you ever come to central tx i will take you to a real bbq joint. no sauce, just a sheet of wax paper with piles of pure heaven. brisket, sausage, pork loin, ribs(beef or pork) all smoked on an oak pit for more hours than it takes to add brown sugar to kc sauce(which i can only guess takes several hours).

Post Likes
    the best hands down... Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro Kentucky.. Nothing compares!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_schmo View Post
    The Man vs. Food show spotlighted Pappy's Smokehouse. Never been there but it's supposed to be great.
    Been meaning to go to Pappy's sometime. Bandana's is ok. Rib City is worth a visit. I've considered Super Smokers my favorite in St. Louis, but they closed the location near me some time ago.
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    texans dont know bbq!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just chili!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Them's fightin' words there sauce boy! Just how much did you drink before you decided to post that!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in