+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Friday's Install

Post Likes

Last Friday's Install

York 16 SEER A/C with modulating gas furnace - communicating

Post Likes
    you line-set runs into the ground..is it in a PVC chase or how did you do it?

Post Likes
    Nice clean install.
    The only thing that sticks out is the electrical on the Condenser. No other way to do it?
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    you line-set runs into the ground..is it in a PVC chase or how did you do it?
    The pic is a little deceiving. The linset only has about 1 inch of dirt on top of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    Nice clean install.
    The only thing that sticks out is the electrical on the Condenser. No other way to do it?
    The disconnect is from the old unit that I took out. I offered to install a new one but the home owner told me to just use the existing one.

Post Likes
    It looks real nice, I bet the customer was happy. Why didnt you go straight up and over with the gas pipe, whys it wrapped around the vent?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    It looks real nice, I bet the customer was happy. Why didnt you go straight up and over with the gas pipe, whys it wrapped around the vent?
    it just looks that way in the pic it is not wrapped around the vent.

Post Likes
    like the van in the backround in the first pic.. rest looks great.

Post Likes
    Not a big deal but I always like to see any wire outside going to the condensing unit run such as it causes a drip leg for the rain to run down it so the water hits the ground and not the unit.

The straight run from the disconnect down to the condensor is going to cause the rain water to follow the line to the unit and collect there, which looks like it's going to be right over the service ports.

If it's looped down first the rain water will drop down off the lowest point of the loop.

It's pretty though.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Not a big deal but I always like to see any wire outside going to the condensing unit run such as it causes a drip leg for the rain to run down it so the water hits the ground and not the unit.

The straight run from the disconnect down to the condensor is going to cause the rain water to follow the line to the unit and collect there, which looks like it's going to be right over the service ports.

If it's looped down first the rain water will drop down off the lowest point of the loop.

It's pretty though.
    guessing he used a pre-made whip. Sometimes you just have to use what is given to you though its not what should be there

Post Likes

It's pretty though.
    You mean like this.......Also the discharge line is anchored to the suction line. Pic was taken before that was done.

Post Likes

It's pretty though.
    You mean like this. No the bottom of the sealtight isn't over the service valves. The discharge line has been anchored to the suction line. Pic was taken before that was comleted.

Post Likes
    Is that one of them plastic pads? We got away from them do to the problem braking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by captain71 View Post
    Is that one of them plastic pads? We got away from them do to the problem braking.
    Yes it is a plastic made by Diversitech. I have not had any problems with the Diversitech pads breaking.

Post Likes
    Yup, that's prettier. The artist in me still would like to see the whip somewhat parallel with the wall out of the disconnect, looped near the bottom and under the refrigerant lines and making a grand entrance into the service box...somewhat like a Loretta Young kind of way!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Yup, that's prettier. The artist in me still would like to see the whip somewhat parallel with the wall out of the disconnect, looped near the bottom and under the refrigerant lines and making a grand entrance into the service box...somewhat like a Loretta Young kind of way!
    I agree with you it would have looked nicer to have been able to run it along with the tubing. Seeing that a 4 ft whip is all I had plus when you figure in the fact that I did this job with no help other than a two wheel hand cart I was just flat tired and didn't feel up to spending an hour running to a big box store for a longer piece of sealtight. Thanks to everyone on the compliment's on the install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I agree with you it would have looked nicer to have been able to run it along with the tubing. Seeing that a 4 ft whip is all I had plus when you figure in the fact that I did this job with no help other than a two wheel hand cart I was just flat tired and didn't feel up to spending an hour running to a big box store for a longer piece of sealtight. Thanks to everyone on the compliment's on the install.
    We keep 6' ready made whips right in the trucks. No run to the supply house, no assembly. But a nice job all in all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanmikey View Post
    like the van in the backround in the first pic..
    i like the van too ..

Post Likes
    that's tight fit in the closet... I wonder how had it is to get the old one out and the new one in.... overall, looks very good
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    that's tight fit in the closet... I wonder how had it is to get the old one out and the new one in.... overall, looks very good
    Had to take water heater out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in