Thread: Intellipak VOM

Post Likes

Intellipak VOM

I had to do a smoke purge inspection on 5 Trane Intellipaks the other day. What's suppose to happen is with the switch made, the units go into mode "D" on the VOM. The VOM turns on the supply fans 100%, exhuast fans 100%, 100% outside air damper, and 100% on the HW actuator.

I have one unit that won't open the HW actuator. I don't get 10vdc out on the heat module(all the others I do). I made sure the heat module works in the heating mode, but when it is in vent override I get no signal. So I went through the setup parameters. The heat actuator setting in mode "D" is "In Control". The others are the same.

My question is, what is "In Control"? Does that means the VOM is in control of it and it should drive it 100%? Or does it mean it is control of the heating settings?

Post Likes
    according to the programming guide...all heat goes to off in mode D.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    according to the programming guide...all heat goes to off in mode D.
    The default setting is "off". But these units have been switched to "in control".

Im just trying to figure out what "in control" means.

Post Likes
    i would imagine that it means that the individual part is still going to control to its normal sepoints...but i don't know that for sure.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    So I finally got back there. I disconnected the Tracer of the unit to find out what is actually in control. I found with the Tracer disconnected, that the unoccupied heat setting is what controls the actuator in ventilation over ride. And they all worked the same.

But once I reconnected the Tracer system, all the units went 100% on the actuators, no matter what the active temps were. Except this one unit, it would just sit at 2vdc. So I set it up as reverse acting and it opened right up. So conclusion was, it is the Tracer telling it not to open. Call Trane.

That's what Trane wanted anyway, after I tried to get some info from there tech support.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in