+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T7350 stats(Lonspec)

Post Likes

T7350 stats(Lonspec)

We have alot of new jobs here lately that have the T350 communicating tstats. Some of them have the WebsAX module, some dont. We are looking at having to pull some of these out because the local rep has some jobs setup where you cant even adjust the thermostat setpoint. Searching the forums I found that these stats use Lonspec. I have a list of other distributors in the area that I can get it from. My question is what will I need besides Lonspec? Any words of advice or insight would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Just did a job with about a dozen of them. You will need Lonspec or Honeywell PDA to make configuration changes if necessary. Not too bad but nothing special.

Post Likes
    They can use LONSPEC or LonMaker or NL220 or whomever's Lon network management tool if networked, or as mtnwrech stated a PDA. There's a cable kit for the PDA or you can use the laser in your PDA for wireless PDA to stat communication. Been awhile since I really messed with them, but again nothing special, basically just a T7300 that communicates.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Will be ordering Lonspec today. What cables or connectors do I need to hook up to the stat?

Post Likes
    Are the stats already networked?
    If so you just need to tie into the lon via FT-10 by whatever interface gateway may be available - FT10 x ethernet, PCMCIA, usb whatever.
    If not then you'll have to go to each stat and hook up, and in that scenario it would be easier to have a usb/pcmcia interface - like the Echelon u10
    http://www.opensystemsproducts.com/M...ent5=undefined
    or the Loytec NIC USB, which has a few more options http://www.opensystemsproducts.com/M...=LON-INTER-SER

The cables I mentioned just have to do with the PDA.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    Thanks for keep throwing info in crab. I havent been on the job, one of our regular mechanical service techs have. He gave me a part number of T7350B1002 but the wierd thing is he says the thermostats actually have RJ45 jacks on them, I guess for the PDA interface. I'm not certain if they are networked, customer has said everytime the controls company came they plugged into each tstat with a laptop.
    Last edited by joey791; 03-30-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Networking clarification

Post Likes
    The T7350B is not a communicating themostat, and therefore does not use LonSpec or any other Lon tool. Some configuration requires a PDA or a PDA simulator on a PC.

The PDA serial cable plugs into a TIM (thermostat interface module - love those Honeywell acronyms). See the attached for instructions or go to customer.honeywell.com and search for T7350B info. Or ask your Honeywell distributor.

Post Likes
    Does the infra red tim work with laptops?

Amazing the journey since this morning, I can remember when you need to adjust temps on a thermostat you just pushed the up/down buttons LOL

Post Likes
    OK - we have the T7350H and they are communicating thermostats. The ones that have the websAX module I would think are communicating thermostats. Last I was aware this is considered their light commercial line so anyone could purchase it through a distributor without a partnership/agreement.

Post Likes
    Yes the T7350H is communicating and available to all buyers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    . Been awhile since I really messed with them, but again nothing special, basically just a T7300 that communicates.
    Have to disagree with you here. I think these things suck when compared to T7300. The only configuration changes you can make without Lonspec or a PDA is deg F/C and local or remote sensor. They come with some whacked out PID loops that will drive you nuts on cycle rates. This is pretty easy to cure with Lonspec though.

Nice that you can network them and look at the whole lot at one time but these thermostats are not for the common service tech to install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwrench View Post
    Have to disagree with you here. I think these things suck when compared to T7300. The only configuration changes you can make without Lonspec or a PDA is deg F/C and local or remote sensor. They come with some whacked out PID loops that will drive you nuts on cycle rates. This is pretty easy to cure with Lonspec though.

Nice that you can network them and look at the whole lot at one time but these thermostats are not for the common service tech to install.

mtnwrench....what makes you say this? Is the learning curve severe for an old service tech? Reason I ask is i've got a job coming up and have never installed these.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    mtnwrench....what makes you say this? Is the learning curve severe for an old service tech? Reason I ask is i've got a job coming up and have never installed these.
    if you have lonspec it is pretty easy to set up. you just select options.

if your guys dont have laptops or cables you can set it up in lonspec and generate a configuration number.
    that number is entered into a config screen on the stat and its done.

i've had techs install and get theses things running without a laptop

here is a screen capture of the config screen.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    +1
    With Lonspec they are simple. Without.... good luck. Just dont think they are like the 7300 where you can enter configuration mode with the press of a few buttons. The problems we had were easily cured with the software. Watch your unoccupied cycle rates...

Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Well just fyi for anyone that wants to know, I finally got into the stats today and this is what I learned.

I could get a copy of Lonspec
    You can still find the old TIMs (thanks CappUSA)
    If you hook up the TIM to your laptop before powering up it will cause your laptop to flip out, move your cursor and right click all over the screen, and give you an error 775.(If its hooked up on power up it configures the TIM as a mouse, you cant hook it up until your laptop is completely up)
    You can change these t-stats with T7351s and you dont need all this other stuff

Thanks everyone for the help

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Well just fyi for anyone that wants to know, I finally got into the stats today and this is what I learned.

I could get a copy of Lonspec
    You can still find the old TIMs (thanks CappUSA)
    If you hook up the TIM to your laptop before powering up it will cause your laptop to flip out, move your cursor and right click all over the screen, and give you an error 775.(If its hooked up on power up it configures the TIM as a mouse, you cant hook it up until your laptop is completely up)
    You can change these t-stats with T7351s and you dont need all this other stuff

Thanks everyone for the help
    Joey
    Where did you get the software and interface mod ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Joey
    Where did you get the software and interface mod ?
    http://www.stromquist.com/Default.as...\honeywell.htm

You can can get the interface module from CappUSA

Post Likes
    glad you got it going. i never tried it with a PDA.
    is the interface any good ?
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    vice all the interface looks like is a pda screen on your laptop and it acts just like a pda also, its a simple drop down and point and click configuration.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in