+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: union math test

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i didn't report this thread, but, i assume it was reported because of the endless union bashing that occurs on this site. the consant insults and derogatory comments that are directed at union members on this site is offensive. in this thread alone union members are referred to as lazy, stupid and meth heads. the steamfitters union offers great opportunities for people in this industry. good training, benefits and pay that is, in most cases, unrivaled in the industry. come on dad. you know exactly why this thread was reported.
    I appologize if you or anyone else thought I was reffering to union guys as meth heads. I was just making a play on words math-meth and the fact that we have a lot of meth busts in this area for as small as it is.

Post Likes
    Some of the union websites have an on line math test. If I recall it was basic algebra and not some arithmetic

Post Likes
    Some of the union websites have an on line math test. If I recall it was basic algebra and some arithmetic.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fs1 View Post
    From a personal experience....to the original poster

I took this test (or one of) about 3 yrs ago at the local pipe-fitters union..........needless to say I was dumbfounded at the test. I was 35 and hadn't used any of the math in 20+ years=FAIL.

A BIG MAJORITY OF THE TEST IS MATH & its not 1+1 stuff.......its find the √of this room type math...

Felt like a POS when I left

ME 0 Union 1

And to the union Bashers.....have you been in a Union? My Dues as a Teamster were VERY FAIR for the Bennys and Pay/Work I had........post a link to old thred so I can catch up on this UNFAIR union Dues you speak of.
    Ya, actually I was in a Union, they put themselves out of business.....why do you ask. it was the Local {Im not joking here} Laundry truck drivers, bartenders and something about seamstresses union, this was back in the 70's. Then in the early 80's I had to deal with a Masons union on a Commercial construction, 22 guys laid 2 courses of 16" block, 90 feet long, took them 8 hours. They left the job for some reason and a few days later these two little Italian guys (literally they were about 5' and 130lbs)show up with a kid that was just learning, he mixed mud, they laid block. They laid 4 courses 90' in 6 hours.

Same job a month later I had to deal with the Pipe fitters union. 2 guys running a 4" black pipe. they managed 20 feet in 8 hours. awesome, they would put a 10' pipe in the form machine----have a cigarette----turn machine on, form the end (Victalic fitting)-----have another cigarette----take the pipe out of the machine----have another cigarette----put the pipe on the Hy-jacker-----have another cigarette----get in the hy-jacker-----another cigarette.......this went on and on. Im surprised they didn't get lung cancer on the spot LOL

I have seen some stunningly excellent work out of the electrical unions, all the rest, I was not impressed
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fs1 View Post
    From a personal experience....to the original poster

I took this test (or one of) about 3 yrs ago at the local pipe-fitters union..........needless to say I was dumbfounded at the test. I was 35 and hadn't used any of the math in 20+ years=FAIL.

A BIG MAJORITY OF THE TEST IS MATH & its not 1+1 stuff.......its find the √of this room type math...

Felt like a POS when I left

ME 0 Union 1

And to the union Bashers.....have you been in a Union? My Dues as a Teamster were VERY FAIR for the Bennys and Pay/Work I had........post a link to old thred so I can catch up on this UNFAIR union Dues you speak of.
    Ya, actually I was in a Union, they put themselves out of business.....why do you ask. it was the Local {Im not joking here} Laundry truck drivers, bartenders and something about seamstresses union, this was back in the 70's. Then in the early 80's I had to deal with a Masons union on a Commercial construction, 22 guys laid 2 courses of 16" block, 90 feet long, took them 8 hours. They left the job for some reason and a few days later these two little Italian guys (literally they were about 5' and 130lbs)show up with a kid that was just learning, he mixed mud, they laid block. They laid 4 courses 90' in 6 hours.

Same job a month later I had to deal with the Pipe fitters union. 2 guys running a 4" black pipe. they managed 20 feet in 8 hours. awesome, they would put a 10' pipe in the form machine----have a cigarette----turn machine on, form the end (Victalic fitting)-----have another cigarette----take the pipe out of the machine----have another cigarette----put the pipe on the Hy-jacker-----have another cigarette----get in the hy-jacker-----another cigarette.......this went on and on. Im surprised they didn't get lung cancer on the spot LOL

I have seen some stunningly excellent work out of the electrical unions, all the rest, I was not impressed

Post Likes
    I guess it is settled then. thanks for your expert opion. especially from a guy who lives in ny and hates ny. after all, one exposure to a union fitter in the early 80's should qualify you as a expert in the field.

by the way its a victaulic fitting. a arp guy should really know better and do a spell check.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    I guess it is settled then. thanks for your expert opion. especially from a guy who lives in ny and hates ny. after all, one exposure to a union fitter in the early 80's should qualify you as a expert in the field.

by the way its a victaulic fitting. a arp guy should really know better and do a spell check.
    ya, my bad, My spelling sux, must be that great liberal UNION education
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, my bad, My spelling sux, must be that great liberal UNION education
    funny cartoon.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    funny cartoon.
    ya, i tend to use it when confronted with non-sense, I sure hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings

Post Likes
    Any info on the mechanical aptitude tests? Been invited to write both the same day. Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in