+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital gauge manifold

Post Likes
    From the limited pictures of the SE it still appears R-4XX are not programed with bubble and dew through the whole range like the old one.
    Can anyone confirm? Nice display though. Has everything on one screen but looks like you are going to have to learn button push combos for common functions

It still kinda looks like the Green Telletubby though
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    I'm all for second chances but the comments below are not those of someone who accepts that they had a faulty product and wants to improve. These are comments of someone who blames the contractor and distributor for product failures.

Explain to me how a contractor or distributor would cause the product to fail. I understand if the gauges fall off a ladder or get ran over by your service van...besides those things, why do I get blamed if your product breaks?

From the above post -
    Quote: I believe we were at fault for some of our glitches but the contractor and wholesalers also caused a good amount of problems that we were blamed for.

all they are asking for is a second chance.......seems like the past is the past....opening old wounds isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

if their new product stands the field tests, and people like it, then it will sell......if not it won't. I'll be very interested to see what Mark has to say about it......as I'm sure he will give us all an honest opinion based on his experience with several diff. digital gauges.

Post Likes
    This is off topic but what ever became off hillmor

Post Likes

Digital gauge manifold

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post

all they are asking for is a second chance.......seems like the past is the past....opening old wounds isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

if their new product stands the field tests, and people like it, then it will sell......if not it won't. I'll be very interested to see what Mark has to say about it......as I'm sure he will give us all an honest opinion based on his experience with several diff. digital gauges.
    71Chops,

Maybe your right. I was just so disappointed in the answer that was given from the VP. I guess it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I myself have owned or do own several sets of digital gauges from several different manufacturers all the way back to the first gen Testo 523's. I've always received great customer service and that response just sent me for a loop.

I guess it makes no sense pointing out the obvious and I'll just shut up until Mark posts his review maybe then we can have a good discussion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    This is off topic but what ever became off hillmor
    Buddy of mine just got them. They look cool. But he already broke the hook off the back and said something about having to send them back. All this after a few days of owning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TNtaco View Post
    Buddy of mine just got them. They look cool. But he already broke the hook off the back and said something about having to send them back. All this after a few days of owning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Sounds like another one designed for the padded case......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Might as well have hose ports on the box too, when you need a reading quickly open the box, but shut it before anything falls apart

Post Likes
    Ne design concept. Quick get a patent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Might as well have hose ports on the box too, when you need a reading quickly open the box, but shut it before anything falls apart

Post Likes
    Well I like the case to protect expensive tools. I liked it in my first generation digimon which I still have. And my testo 550 also came in the case, which I like since storage is simple. The sman3 I have not used yet cause I need a case for them. I don't like the huge case that field piece offers. I prefer the size of the digimon and testo case. I have a truck so I store my testo and digimon on my tool box in the bed. That way they are out of sight. The sman3 are still in the box at home till I find a case that I can fit them in.

Post Likes
    Don't think my 570 or the Sman4 will ever see the inside of a case. My analogs didn't, and the digitals are suppose to make my life easier. If they break, then I expect all will hear me bi*ching about them, but I so no reason to baby them. The last set of Imperials that I bought weren't exactly cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by caddy View Post
    Well I like the case to protect expensive tools. I liked it in my first generation digimon which I still have. And my testo 550 also came in the case, which I like since storage is simple. The sman3 I have not used yet cause I need a case for them. I don't like the huge case that field piece offers. I prefer the size of the digimon and testo case. I have a truck so I store my testo and digimon on my tool box in the bed. That way they are out of sight. The sman3 are still in the box at home till I find a case that I can fit them in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    71Chops,

Maybe your right. I was just so disappointed in the answer that was given from the VP. I guess it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I myself have owned or do own several sets of digital gauges from several different manufacturers all the way back to the first gen Testo 523's. I've always received great customer service and that response just sent me for a loop.

I guess it makes no sense pointing out the obvious and I'll just shut up until Mark posts his review maybe then we can have a good discussion.
    I completely understand where you're coming from. you get invested in something, then expect the same investment from the supplier/manufacturer. The beauty of this field of work is that talk means nothing......results mean everything. we can talk ourselves blue in the face with any number of a thousand issues....in the end, the results need no words.

Post Likes
    Guy at work has a set of hilmors. He only uses them on new start ups. not troubleshooting.

But our supplier said use it for a couple months if you dont like it he can switch it out for the sman4.

thought that was pretty good offer

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy View Post
    Do you take the hoses off to put them in the case?

If you want them in the case that's fine. But most guys don't like stuffing gauges and hoses in a case after every call, much easier to grab them off the rack they are hanging on and go.

If digital gauges should go in a case then analog should for sure! Analog gauges are not all that accurate new, let alone after they have bounced around in the back of a van for a week.

Post Likes
    Do you take the hoses off to put them in the case?

If you want them in the case that's fine. But most guys don't like stuffing gauges and hoses in a case after every call, much easier to grab them off the rack they are hanging on and go.

If digital gauges should go in a case then analog should for sure! Analog gauges are not all that accurate new, let alone after they have bounced around in the back of a van for a week.
    Yes I take the hoses off and place the caps back on my 550s. Then hoses and testos stay in same case. It only takes about 1 min to put hoses back on so I don't see how you save so much time. To me its not how fast u get in and out of a service call,but that u properly diagnose and repair it the first time.
    Not every tech on the field takes care of their tools the same. I like my tools looking clean and in like new condition.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    How many cases of AA batteries do you go through a month with those though?

None. I converted it to Lithium Polymer right away. $20 for two batteries that run the gauges for 24 hrs at a time and take one hr to charge.
    I do three kinds of work.
    1 - Good - 2 - Fast - 3 - Cheap
    Pick two

Post Likes
    So MR VP you got yourself a digital gauge Expert a set to review. How about a digital rookie review. To see if someone going digital for the first time can pick them up easily.

Maybe say in a harsh environment like Canada .........Maybe

What gauges are we even talking about?

Post Likes
    The user manual for the digimon sc gives instructions that the manifoldSHOULD not be used in the rain.

Im not sure if it can be used in the rain?

What happens if it blows up from water damage?

Is it still covered by warranty?

Post Likes
    Hello Brent,

I don't believe Steve said, "he blames the contractor and distributor for product failures." those are your words, not his.

What he did say was, "I believe we were at fault for some of our glitches, but the contractor and wholesalers also caused a good amount of problems that we were blamed for."

The first part of his compound sentence sure sounds a-lot like someone who accepts a faulty product to me. The second part clearly states, "a good amount of problems." Not product failure as you state.
    I suppose its a matter of interpretation Brent.

I'm no psychologist, but reading his comments in their proper context, I believe what he was trying to say was, if a distributor or contractor returns a product for a credit or exchange under warranty with no paperwork, no proof of purchase, no approval, or if it has been flat out abused, then REFCO was blamed for such things.

With regards to your comment, "Explain to me how a contractor or distributor would cause the product to fail."
    Oh I dunno, how about hooking up an unregulated nitrogen bottle to a manifold set. We get return manifolds where the sight glass is blown / cracked from the inside out.
    How about getting a return vacuum pump where the oil has never been changed and it is completely black and burned up where someone has dumped motor oil into it and ran it to death.
    People do dumb stuff to quality products all the time. Heck, I even filled my diesel truck with gasoline one time. Do you think Nissan was to blame? BTW Did you know the USA is the only country without 1/2 ton diesel pick-ups?
    Again, it is all in the interpretation. Sometimes the issue is with the manufacturer, and sometimes it is with the end user.
    You just have to take it on a case by case basis.

nuff said.

Post Likes
    Why do you have to have digi gages now? Buy a manifold set and sh thermometer! You have no need for that now!
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    Well,.... some people like classic, Class 1 glycerin filled gauges like Name:  Manifold 2.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  96.9 KBName:  Manifold.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  87.9 KB

Others like digital technology.

Ford, Chevy, or Dodge argument.

People are different. They like to do things in their own way, or usually in the way in which they were first taught. Nothing wrong with that.

Let me ask you, do you charge using a scale or one of these set-up's? Would you believe we still sell lots of them for different parts of the world... Go figure..
    Name:  Charging Stand.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  58.4 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in