+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rack

Post Likes

Rack

Got an old Warren/Sheer Rack. Installed new compressor in May and it is vibrating really bad. All mounting bolts are tight fronted seated suction pulled right down and held! Could this have bad connecting rods? Shaking the whole otor room!!

Post Likes
    My crystal ball predicts a compressor change in your future.

Post Likes
    10/4 already orded new one ! Did not do a performance chart check but she's ready to cause a leak big time!!

Post Likes
    JP did you get my message?

Post Likes
    You could put an amp clamp on it and see what it's doing.

Or pull the heads and have a look see.

Usually vibrations like that mean a busted rod.
    Last edited by Phase Loss; 10-30-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Post Likes
    Hey phase how you doing? Got a few questions for you if You have the time!

Post Likes
    I'm good, thanks for asking! How are you? Now that I'm a A/C tech I got nothing but time!!

Post Likes
    If I remember you are familiar with the old NC25's ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOTECH View Post
    If I remember you are familiar with the old NC25's ?
    When I got into the supermarket's they were just finished tearing out the NC25's and installing Danfoss AK's

My only experiences with the NC25's is seeing them laying in a helpless heap on the floor in the corner of the motor room.

JP has experience with them....I dunno to what extent, but he should

I could ask a few guys I know who have a lot of NC25 experience if you have a specific question.

You might be able to summon NedFlanders, if he still hangs around here.... I think he's got some time with NC25's.

Post Likes
    OK thanks Phase !! Got about 20 stores we picked up that still have these in them. We are changing them out along with the 55 upgrated to the 255's. They are pretty staight forward but having a hard time figuring out how to assign a new point in the controller! Gess I will have to get a hold of that Brick Stafford up in Maryland!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOTECH View Post
    OK thanks Phase !! Got about 20 stores we picked up that still have these in them. We are changing them out along with the 55 upgrated to the 255's. They are pretty staight forward but having a hard time figuring out how to assign a new point in the controller! Gess I will have to get a hold of that Brick Stafford up in Maryland!

Brick can be a pain in the butt. He won't give you a whole lot of info, but he'll be quick to offer to come out and fix it for ya.

One of our customers decided that a control upgrade was too expensive, so they finally did hire him to come out and fix a NC-25 for them.

Now, don't take this to mean that I've got a lot of experience with 'em. I could probably change the point for ya, but it's a PITA to do, IIRC. Interfacing with the controller with a serial cable and Hyperterminal was/is actually easier for me than working through the front end.

12. Likes DanfossControl5 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Brick has been nice to me thus far due to the fact he is still under contract till the end of the year. He custom designed these stores about 25yrs. ago using all the NC25's and a computer in every motor room and one in the managers' office and called it GAMS. Actually pretty cool stuff, the complete floor plan with all the caseses labled is a click away and flashes red when in alarm. Definetley state of the art in its day!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in