+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb Weird & Stupid.

Post Likes

Dumb Weird & Stupid.

Copper line set=Crappy job & Leaking freon, Gas line = Home hit by lighting ran in through 110v pwr wire (on propane). Homeowner did not know, but he converted over to Natural gas after his LP bill got to high. Lighting hit 7 months before. House should have blown up. Gas Water heater was in crawl with this leak!.. Capacitors = just stupid!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    keep the pics comming. they rock!! how long have you been saving these?

Post Likes
    Yep...come across that stuff daily. Last good one was a contactor with the line and load side connected together. First thing the owner said to me was that he was told he needed a defrost timer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    keep the pics comming. they rock!! how long have you been saving these?
    Sorry, These have been in my phone for a few years. I hated to get rid of them so I figured I would post them. I have a few left, but I will hold off for a while. haha. I have some where people (ie. Women 'I hope') leave "fun items" out on the coffee tables ect, and where another man had a "plant growing operation business" in his home and he could not understand why it was hot and humid and the a/c could not keep up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1HVACOWNER View Post
    Sorry, These have been in my phone for a few years. I hated to get rid of them so I figured I would post them. I have a few left, but I will hold off for a while. haha. I have some where people (ie. Women 'I hope') leave "fun items" out on the coffee tables ect, and where another man had a "plant growing operation business" in his home and he could not understand why it was hot and humid and the a/c could not keep up.
    i have seen some of those operations myself,lol. and toys.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Yep...come across that stuff daily. Last good one was a contactor with the line and load side connected together. First thing the owner said to me was that he was told he needed a defrost timer.
    Many contactors only break one leg of power. If I only have one that breaks both I tap line and load together on one side...

Or were you referring to something else? Certainly not both legs connected line and load!!!???

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=hurtinhvac;15174211

Or were you referring to something else? Certainly not both legs connected line and load!!!???[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!! Both legs connected together and contactor coil disconnected.
    This was on a walk-in beer cooler.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in