+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kysor Warren Single Deck Meat Case

Post Likes
    thanks everyone for good advice.

i wanted to know if anyone was even close to my location - could work out a flat fee for travel.

Post Likes
    Check out the Site Map for a contractor in your area. A market tech would be best for you.
    Good Luck,
    Vince in the Dublin Georgia area ?

Post Likes
    Did you pump it down and check all the TXV strainers?

Post Likes
    A lot of good responses.

Here's my ...

A possible airflow problem has been mentioned. It's possible the discharge air plenum up the back wall of the case is plugged up with dust & lint, blocked by ice buildup or both. Such blockage will reduce airflow and air velocity.

Proper discharge air velocity is critical to get these cases to run right. The velocity for this model should be around 225 Ft/min (FPM). The tech needs a proper velocity meter like an Alnor 8100 Velometer Jr to check them.

The manufacturer doesn't recommend running theses case with off-time defrost (as they are now set up since the reverse air has been disabled). I doubt that the current 25 minute defrost times are nearly sufficient...more likely they need 60 minutes, but by then your meat will have gone south.

I suggest either fixing the reverse air defrost or adding electric defrost heaters with proper termination thermostats. Hot gas defrost is a quicker defrost, but with a single compressor is asking for troubles. The manufacturer only recommends HG defrost for parallel rack systems.

Post Likes
    Your also not going to be able to run your discharge air down to 26 degrees. With just off cycle defrost. You need those fans to reverse to melt ice, or add some heaters as Ice was saying.

You will have to settle for around 32 degree discharge air unless you do something about your defrost.

Post Likes
    Tech came out more adjustments and DA was at 28*. He was setting the superheat by the gauges at the compressor. What I don't get is how he kept adjusting the valve to get lower DA temp and didn't even care that the tstat was set at. He was told my his manager to set 4 - 45 min defrost . The thing is it cost me $$$ just in travel time plus the time he is here. Total of 3 tech came out so far ... All have their own way of doing things... I called and told them all I want is my product temp less than 40.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 07-11-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Pricing

Post Likes
    I would expect to see him at the TXV if he's adjusting the superheat. It's at the entrance to the evaporator coil. That's the coil at the bottom of the case. Is he making the adjustment there ? The TXV has a stem on it to adjust with a wrench. He should have a temperature probe at the TXV sensing bulb and should also have a pressure gauge as near as possible there.

Do you know if the fans are on or off in defrost mode ?

Post Likes
    Fans r on in defrost. I had to tell him that there is pressure gauge hook up near the TXV. But he said its fine he got gauges hooked up near the condenser . He was adjusting TXV and had the temp probe near where the bulb would be for TXV

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dilvala View Post
    Fans r on in defrost. I had to tell him that there is pressure gauge hook up near the TXV. But he said its fine he got gauges hooked up near the condenser . He was adjusting TXV and had the temp probe near where the bulb would be for TXV
    *facepalm*

Post Likes

is this a diy forum ?!

lets invite every store manager in this site, so next time we service their stores they can show us where to hook up the gauges and check the superheat, or even better, give them a tool bag so they can do their own troubleshooting and call us only when they need some "freon"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gentian View Post
    lets invite every store manager in this site, so next time we service their stores they can show us where to hook up the gauges and check the superheat, or even better, give them a tool bag so they can do their own troubleshooting and call us only when they need some "freon"
    I'll take any store manager than cares enough about their equipment to spend time here learning about it and asking questions about it in my stores if you don't want them.

You can have the bean-counter types that don't care about their equipment and how to do some preliminary and basic checks.

Those bean counters are the ones that call me out at 1AM on iced up cases when what they SHOULD be doing is taking care of it.

Post Likes
    yeah i even told him don't you need the coil cleaned with no ice to adjust the super heat. i don't think he cared.

As soon as he walked in i told him i was superheat at 6 - 8 *. 3 different tech 3 different ways. arggggg....

Post Likes
    I'm fine with the managers caring for their equipment. All I'm saying is that u give the techs room to work , don't be breathing down their neck, like showing them where to hook up the gauges, etc.
    I would like to believe that these techs are better at what they do than what has been painted here so far. There is always 2 sides to a story.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dilvala View Post
    yeah i even told him don't you need the coil cleaned with no ice to adjust the super heat. i don't think he cared.

As soon as he walked in i told him i was superheat at 6 - 8 *. 3 different tech 3 different ways. arggggg....
    In the tech's defense, I'm not going to believe you, either.

Over the years, I've developed a sense of trust in MY instruments and MY readings and MY ways of checking things.

You get a feel for the equipment while you're checking and watching superheat readings change. Kind of a silent communication with the machine.

Post Likes
    I'm fine with the managers caring for their equipment. All I'm saying is that u give the techs room to work , don't be breathing down their neck, like showing them where to hook up the gauges, etc.
    I would like to believe that these techs are better at what they do than what has been painted here so far. There is always 2 sides to a story.
    They haven't solved it, yet.....

Post Likes
    he lifted 1 panel from this 12' meat case. if he had lifted 2nd panel he would have seen a place to hook up the gauge.

All i am trying to do i get my product temp below 40 without having to clean the coils twice a week. If this people had done this i would have never posted.

They actually service walmart and would think they can figure out what's wrong in 4 trips they been here. cost big time $$$ just to get them out here.

Post Likes
    2 sides to a story.
    I have this tendency to trust the word of a hardworking supermarket tech over that of a "Know It ALL " store manager.
    All we have heard is the store manager saying how these techs don't know what they are doing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'll take any store manager than cares enough about their equipment to spend time here learning about it and asking questions about it in my stores if you don't want them.

You can have the bean-counter types that don't care about their equipment and how to do some preliminary and basic checks.

Those bean counters are the ones that call me out at 1AM on iced up cases when what they SHOULD be doing is taking care of it.
    Bean Counters don't call at 1AM....maybe 1 PM ...night stock bosses call at 1 am.

Maybe some one needs to make an App
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=gentian;13701381] like showing them where to hook up the gauges,
    gentian,
    Are you a supermarket tech ?
    Why on earth would a tech hook his gauge at the compressor if there was a port at the evaporator ? Is it a self contained case or a remote compressor 50 or maybe 100 feet away. Does he walk back and forth to check his gauge then thermistor ? If I was the owner I would be livid at this point and asking all kinds of questions. Oh and I try to teach my customers everything I can. Guess what ? I now have to many customers.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=dilvala;13701581]he lifted 1 panel from this 12' meat case. if he had lifted 2nd panel he would have seen a place to hook up the gauge.

Wow.... the manufactures must be making so much money there adding evaporator service ports for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in