Thread: NORDYNE heater elements glowing red hot when thermostat set to off.

Post Likes

NORDYNE heater elements glowing red hot when thermostat set to off.

Nordyne E2EB-015HA elements are coming on when the thermostat is set to off or even set to A/C. It glows red hot for a few seconds then the limit switch kicks it off, then on again and so on.
    I didn't see any broken or burnt wires. The A/C works fine but the heat is mixing with it. This is in a mobile home, and the thermostat is a digital DICO simple comfort 2010. Does anyone have any experiences with these units? Please help!

Post Likes
    Get a tech out. We had a Nordyne heat kit nearly catch a furnace on fire couple weeks ago. Turn the breaker off til it is checked.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by srryan1 View Post
    Nordyne E2EB-015HA elements are coming on when the thermostat is set to off or even set to A/C. It glows red hot for a few seconds then the limit switch kicks it off, then on again and so on.
    I didn't see any broken or burnt wires.

Please help!
    GIGANTIC HAZARD
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I have vivid memory of flames coming out of heater coil at an industrial facility.

IT HAPPENS .. AND IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.!
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Turn the breaker to the unit off and call for service. (It's not the thermostat)
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    I did but cant run the a/c now. Everyone is closed around my area.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by srryan1 View Post
    I did but cant run the a/c now. Everyone is closed around my area.
    Lack of A/C is not an issue ... burning down your mobile home is known as A CATASTROPHE.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Update i tested the sequencer and it was bad replaced it and fixed the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in