+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boss sounded mad

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    ...................................... I had gotten a P.O. from the office to buy my veto and fluke 116/62 combo pack and then cut them a check............................................. ........ They are going to reimburse me the money. just am confused why he would be pissed with me buying my own tools

The way I read this they are paying for the tools in the long run. Therefore they would want to know beforehand.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Post Likes
    My son is the boss now. One fact that I keep trying to point out to him is that you never know what the other guy is thinking. Be it a customer, employee or family member.

All the time he goes around saying, "Well if I tell him that he is going to say...." or "If I give him this price he is going to think that we are........"

When he talks like that I always hit him with "HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO THINK UNLESS YOU ASK THEM"

What I am hearing from yellow nut is " IF I ASK MY BOSS FOR A NEW METER HE IS GOING TO THINK I DON'T NEED ONE!" So he took it upon himself to get a new meter because HE KNOWS what his boss will think.

Bottom line. Present your case and leave some room for your boss's input. You might be pleasantly surprised and he won't be pizzed off.

Post Likes
    I am going to ask him during our Monday morning meetings..not like ASK him just bring it up in conversation. The reason i used a P.O. from the office was i could chop up the payment into two months..i also had the veto tool bag and a garbage disposal on there. The secretary knew what was going on and she is the one who issued me the P.O.. She is also his wife, communication is not a priority in the office i guess. From now on i will ask first and if he says no i will save up and buy it with cash.

Post Likes
    Asking him is a good idea. Probably should be just you and him though.No need for anyone else to know your dealings there.

Post Likes
    we have personal meeting on Mondays..unless he is having "breakfast" we all meet for out safety meeting and to fill out time cards then one at a time go in to talk to him about future work for the week and issues we may have. i am not pissed or anything..just a little confused..mabey i am wrong that he is upset and would just like to pay for my tools as a good employer. Ether way i have the grill warming up for some shrimps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    we have personal meeting on Mondays..unless he is having "breakfast" we all meet for out safety meeting and to fill out time cards then one at a time go in to talk to him about future work for the week and issues we may have. i am not pissed or anything..just a little confused..mabey i am wrong that he is upset and would just like to pay for my tools as a good employer. Ether way i have the grill warming up for some shrimps.
    Sounds like your boss is a decent human being. Shoot straight with him and he will be appreciative. I'll bet on that.

Let me know how the Monday morning, one on one, goes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Sounds like your boss is a decent human being. Shoot straight with him and he will be appreciative. I'll bet on that.

Let me know how the Monday morning, one on one, goes.

You are like the H-Talk matriarch dispensing wisdom and looking out for us…

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    I kinda like nuts boss man. I'm an old dinosaur too. I use analog tools all the time. Old habits are hard to break.

Post Likes
    maybe he was going to fire you on friday.
    now that he has such investment in you, he has to keep you.

i have a friend"Jimmy" he always borrows money from the boss going into winter so the boss will not lay him off. since he needs hours to pay back the loan.

lol
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    maybe he was going to fire you on friday.
    now that he has such investment in you, he has to keep you.

i have a friend"Jimmy" he always borrows money from the boss going into winter so the boss will not lay him off. since he needs hours to pay back the loan.

lol
    That's pure genius right there!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    That's pure genius right there!
    isn't it!!!
    he never misses a day!

Post Likes
    Never had an employer offer to buy me any tools, and if you don't pay for them yourself whenever you leave the co. you leave the tools too?

Not for me
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes

UPDATE

had our little Monday meeting this morning. Guess i took the situation off kilter. The reason he "sounded" that way was because he was going threw receipts for monthly billing on some jobs (most our install work takes over a month) His explanation is, our company should purchase any tool you should need because you are using them on our jobs..u may damage them or break them, its the company out of it not you. We can buy u replacement that day. I told him sorry i misunderstood.

I then asked for a digital manometer because the 'dial' type i have sticks and i tend to shoot the liquid out of the other kind. He said go get one. I then ask for a a set of digi-cool about $800..he smiled and says um maybe in a few years

Post Likes
    Maybe your tools out of his budget? costly? Is he the stingy type kind of person? LOL. I think prolly money has got to do with this. But since you had already bought it then forget it! haha

sorry didnt read the last thread tho...

Post Likes
    Sounds like a pretty good guy to work for.

I was told "we provide all tools you need"... I still have over half of my own tools on the truck. Silly me, why would I need 2 screw drivers? lol
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    excellent guy to work for..When i was first learning the trade both him and my journeyman both agreed i should learn to work with the fewest passable tools. Now that i can a quire the proper tools it just feels weird asking for them.

Post Likes
    LMAO

You should have went for the Digi cool first.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cstock View Post
    LMAO

You should have went for the Digi cool first.
    what the he11 is the digi cool?
    i know what didiman is?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    what the he11 is the digi cool?
    i know what didiman is?
    Yeah digimon and pokemon and bakugan.... .but digi cool? please enlighten this Noob!

*(I mean me as a noob!!!)*
    Last edited by Bubbleheadski; 03-10-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: clarifying my Noobness!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Yeah digimon and pokemon and bakugan.... .but digi cool? please enlighten this Noob!

*(I mean me as a noob!!!)*

The original series, titled Pocket Monsters, or simply Pokémon in western countries (often referred to as Pokémon: Gotta Catch 'Em All to distinguish it from the later series), begins with Ash's first day as a Pokémon trainer. His first (and signature) Pokémon is a Pikachu, differing from the games, where only Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle could be chosen.[14] The series follows the storyline of the original games, Pokémon Red and Blue, in the region of Kanto. Accompanying Ash on his journeys are Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader, and Misty, the youngest of the Gym Leader sisters from Cerulean City.

Pikachu rocks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in