+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new company - first winter service

Post Likes

new company - first winter service

Hey I'm just starting my company and have been doing service and checks for a few months now. I am starting to get calls for no heat, and gas heat service. I was wondering what checks need to be done on gas heat to make sure every thing is running well. What tools/ meters do I need to purchase? I have flute and field piece for the ac side and heat pumps, but nothing for nat gas. I know how to check the pressure coming in the then through the gas valve (11 WC for nat gas). I was thinking there was a fume detector or something I needed. something to check to flame maybe, not sure what all I need.

Thanks for the help

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wetbar View Post
    Hey I'm just starting my company and have been doing service and checks for a few months now. I am starting to get calls for no heat, and gas heat service. I was wondering what checks need to be done on gas heat to make sure every thing is running well. What tools/ meters do I need to purchase? I have flute and field piece for the ac side and heat pumps, but nothing for nat gas. I know how to check the pressure coming in the then through the gas valve (11 WC for nat gas). I was thinking there was a fume detector or something I needed. something to check to flame maybe, not sure what all I need.

Thanks for the help
    are you sure on this?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    you pressure seems to be a bit off... you need schooling..... stop before you hurt your self....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    sorry lp is 11 natural gas is 3 - 3.5

Post Likes
    Not to be mean but maybe you should just run the business and hire an experienced tech to do the work. A list of tools doesn't help if you don't know what the readings are telling you.

Post Likes
    I just love posts like this.....what are you qualifications 5 months carrying a guys tools? You have insurance for when something goes bad?
    I admire you trying but please get more schooling

Post Likes
    You need the same tools you used last winter?

Post Likes
    or someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    you pressure seems to be a bit off... you need schooling..... stop before you hurt your self....

Post Likes
    The best way to do it is work for a company and make all the mistakes you can so it is at least covered by their insurance and then the least that can happen is you look for another job. I am not mad at you though for trying but you do need some more experience.

Post Likes
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're really in business for yourself and got to ask what kind of tools you need to properly service a gas furnace......uh......you might think really strongly about going to work for a quality experienced contractor before you lose everything in a horrible lawsuit. Lawsuits may be in your immediate future.....so get some more experience!

Post Likes
    While were on the subject- what tools do I need to change out my transmission? I changed the oil last week.

Post Likes
    What if you have a 2 stage gas valve then what? X2 on training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    2 stage gas valve is 3.5 x 2 right?

7" w.c. ? ::

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    2 stage gas valve is 3.5 x 2 right?

7" w.c. ? ::
    Isn't it 6.10? I know lp is 11 and 22, nice even numbers, seems like i always have to really crank down the regulator to get to 22 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well, maybe he used to be in his high school band being that (according to his first post) he's already got a "flute" so maybe he just needs a drum to carry a tune...
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    cyber bullies

It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    hey dandyme..... i love your signature....

im also thinking the OP should have read it before posting a loaded question

the OP deserves all the barrage coming for asking a question like that.

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Post Likes
    Yes get a few years experience and you may be prepared for residential, maybe. Sounds like you got an ocean behind your ears. Not trying to be an a-hole just my opinion.

Post Likes
    just making fun, generally just shake my head when these type questions arise.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    All joking aside wetbar, CO is serious and you could face criminal charges if someone dies after you sign off on a system. The fact that you would even ask tells us you shouldn't be doing this. Hire a tech with experience and tools...you scare me, bro!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in