+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: AccuTools BluVac Micron Gauge

Post Likes

AccuTools BluVac Micron Gauge

Hi, All.

FYI: Here's a video Mitts made of 2 BluVacs vs. a JB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqzwkoTzsLA

Post Likes
    Nice, with the blu vac, it would be impossible not to spot a small leak with the range it shows. Excellent tool I'm gona have soon

Post Likes
    if your in the market i cant recommend this gauge enough. As with all the little guys digi cool, accutool appion etc... if we dont support them they wont be there. I dont think its any secret what a certain color manufacture did to a ceratin loud mouth scot outa the NW part of Canada. If you resemble this comment it is purely coincidence as these are fictional examples

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassajara View Post
    if your in the market i cant recommend this gauge enough. As with all the little guys digi cool, accutool appion etc... if we dont support them they wont be there. I dont think its any secret what a certain color manufacture did to a ceratin loud mouth scot outa the NW part of Canada. If you resemble this comment it is purely coincidence as these are fictional examples
    Any negatives with it? I just saw on another thread that you just bought it. And compared to supco it's great. I have a YJ 69075 and I'm wondering how Bluvac compares with it. I've been happy with my YJ, but I also love accuracy. This alone could make me switch. Thanks
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Post Likes
    I have only compared it with the supcos we have. I dont have anyhting YJ anymore so i cant make that comparison. I do own a analog TE and they are real close to each other on the pull down. The differnce we are seeing so far is how they respond once you blank them off.

You are correct I only picked one up friday. I wasted most of the day setting up a rig to test them and then was there sat and sun fooling around with it and it was in the field yesterday and toady, which lead to me finding out my gauges were contaiminated. BTW neither the TE or supcos caught that. I wont pretend this was a scientific lab test just a mech, like most of you fooling around in his shop. Who knows maybe it will blow up next week ;-).

I dont think I need anymore then the 30 hrs i have spent playing around with this thing to recommend it over the supco. Is it as good as the time tested TE? unkown ill keep you posted but that could take awhile ;-)

Post Likes
    hmm Interesting. I was under the impression the Thermal was the best. Picked that up last year.
    How does this one work? Will it have the same issues in cold weather as the TE?
    Where is it made?
    How much?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    http://accutools.com/pages/service/BluVac%20Manual.pdf
    did any one read the Calibrate instructions? Thats one unique way to do it lol.

Looks like the accuracy is comparable to the Thermal. Ill stick with that one for now.

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    I was looking into the yellow jacket 69075. But now this one has cought my attention. How much is the bluvac? Where can I get one?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    I was looking into the yellow jacket 69075. But now this one has cought my attention. How much is the bluvac? Where can I get one?
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=771992

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    hmm Interesting. I was under the impression the Thermal was the best. Picked that up last year.
    How does this one work?
    Very well
    Actually, what makes it special cannot be revealed at this time.

Will it have the same issues in cold weather as the TE?
    The BluVac will operate within its published specs from 0C to 50C (32F to 122F)

Where is it made?
    For the foreseeable future, South Florida.

How much?
    List is $249.

Post Likes
    Believe it or not, this is *exactly* the way we do it in the factory!

Post Likes

Looks like the accuracy is comparable to the Thermal. Ill stick with that one for now.
    If I'm reading it right they are not similar.
    The Thermal accuracy is ±5% from 200-1000 microns
    The BluVac accuracy is 5% of Reading +/- 5 microns from 0 – 25,000 microns
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If I'm reading it right they are not similar.
    The Thermal accuracy is ±5% from 200-1000 microns
    The BluVac accuracy is 5% of Reading +/- 5 microns from 0 – 25,000 microns
    Your right I apologize. Im not concerned how close the reading is at the higher end of the scale so much. I need to pull them down to 500...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Very well
    What do you mean it cannot be revealed at this time? Is this something so different that no one else has the technology? How long has this been out and tested?

The BluVac will operate within its published specs from 0C to 50C (32F to 122F) Im in Jersey. What happens when Its 0-5* outside?

For the foreseeable future, South Florida.Thats awesome to hear? WHat of your products are made overseas? Your website hints towards that..

List is $249.
    Not too shabby I will say. Any Supply houses carry them?

Also could you somehow elaborate on how the freezing/ heating up this thing calibrates it? I like the Idea of field calibratability! What made you guys get into Hvac Products? Are you/ were you in the trade?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Very well

The BluVac will operate within its published specs from 0C to 50C (32F to 122F)

For the foreseeable future, South Florida.

List is $249.
    How does it operate below 0C? For example at 10F? That's where my Thermal sucks.

Does it quit working? Or just get sluggish?

Post Likes
    Your right I apologize. Im not concerned how close the reading is at the higher end of the scale so much. I need to pull them down to 500...
    ±5% and 5% of reading are two different things

FWIW Here is the field calibration procedure for the thermal.
    I've done this before.

http://www.thermalengineeringcompany...01,%204575.pdf

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    ±5% and 5% of reading are to different things

FWIW Here is the field calibration procedure for the thermal.
    I've done this before.

http://www.thermalengineeringcompany...01,%204575.pdf
    OHH no sh*&. I didnt notice that Ice. Thanks for posting this. SO the thermal is actually 10% off? I dont get this crap yet lol. Also how are these accuracies made? Is the manufacturer in charge and thats it? Anyway they could be fudged?
    How much more accurate is this accutool?

Post Likes
    Iceman Ive seen them instructions before. Why in the world did you need to do that? How off was your gauge?

Post Likes
    OHH no sh*&. I didnt notice that Ice. Thanks for posting this. SO the thermal is actually 10% off? I dont get this crap yet lol. Also how are these accuracies made? Is the manufacturer in charge and thats it? Anyway they could be fudged?
    How much more accurate is this accutool?
    Be willing to bet the TE is spec'd at a sweet spot around 80°F since they don't list it
    The BV is spec'd thru the whole operating temp 32-122°F

Iceman Ive seen them instructions before. Why in the world did you need to do that? How off was your gauge?
    Was looking for anything that I could find wrong. I believe it was a loose connection internaly giving me screwy readings that time. When I did it I missed the last part where you check the number stamped on the sensor. Eveything checked out to that point though.

Post Likes
    Ok I see. All these accuracy number give me a headache. I try to do the best job I can but need to stay within some limitation.. So when are you picking up a Bluvac.
    Since my Thermal is new and guys have been using them for a long time I think Ill hang on to it for awhile. I just hate to find out in 5 years that it is an inaccurate POS lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in