+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need a craigslist shame forum.

Post Likes

We need a craigslist shame forum.

Help needed (contractor/handyman) (19154 (NE Philly) Franklin Mills)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2012-04-19, 9:08AM EDT
    Reply to: jnc2r-2966824151@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a problem with my central air conditioning blowing through the vents but it isn't cold. Here is the situation. I had my tenant test it. She told me the thermostat sometimes gives her problems. It's digital and she said if she turns the heat in the off position when she is gone, when she comes home and turns it back on the room temp doesn't register the inside temp. She said it doesn't always happen but every now and then it does. She said she takes it the cover off, takes the batteries out blows in there and shakes the batteries and then it works. I'm not sure if that would be wiring or if she needs new batteries (I forgot to ask if she put a new battery in). She put the air conditioning on the other day (central air). She said the thermostat she switched to cool in the "on" position and she set it at a very low temp. The air came out the vents but it wasn't cold. She ran it for a while too. So I had her go outside to see if the condensor was on. She did not hear the air conditioner running outside. So I'm not sure if it's electrical and something is wrong with the breaker for the air, the air conditioner or the thermostat. I would like someome to take a look at it. Also, please let me know if you have any idea of what the source of the problem is. Thank you!

Now why havent we been taught about the "shaking batteries" technique? Is this something the veteran techs want to keep away from the newbies?
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I always keep a few shaking batteries in my bag just in case. I keep them right next to my left handed hammer,the board stretcher and those sky hooks always comes in handy. lol

Post Likes
    Don't forget to periodically spin those spare pillow blocks you have on the shelf so the ball bearings don't get a flat spot.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I don't know what I would ever do without my canned steam on a no heat call!
    Damn phosgene

Post Likes
    I just wave my hands over a machine and it works. The dog and pony show is to get paid.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Post Likes
    I keep a voodoo doll of all the equip. we work on. Then just pull out whichever piece you need. Works like a "charm".........
    Never tried the batteries thing, maybe I'll trade in my lucky dice......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Also, please let me know if you have any idea of what the source of the problem is. Thank you!
    the equipment operator?

Post Likes
    Sort of like jumping up and down after doing the wild thing to avoid getting pregnant!
    -Surf Life Hard!!!-

Post Likes
    Is this a new way of hiring hack labor or is she seeking free help?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dog View Post
    Sort of like jumping up and down after doing the wild thing to avoid getting pregnant!
    Yeah, i got 3 kids...turns out that doesnt work either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post

Now why havent we been taught about the "shaking batteries" technique? Is this something the veteran techs want to keep away from the newbies?
    If you put the batteries in your pocket till they warm up they'll work better.
    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Post Likes
    And don't forget to bring the van up to the mountains and put fresh air in your tires...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    And don't forget to bring the van up to the mountains and put fresh air in your tires...
    I had an apprentice believe that in the last week of June we had to change over to the "summer air" in our tires. The "winter air" was only good till the end of spring.

Post Likes
    Sounds like an I-D-10-T Error code...
    You might need tech support for this one.

Post Likes
    And dont you know that by putting batteries in the freezer for three hours will make the AC run real cold? Make sure you put them in an ice tray then cover with water before freezing. Trick is getting the batteries back into the t-stat properly, as stated on page 25 of the manual.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylikesit View Post
    the equipment operator?
    Cant find the yellow pages?
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    Cant find the yellow pages?
    Well, this is your neck of the woods, ld. Why dont you go ahead and give him a hand? You can write if off as charity.

Post Likes
    ahhhhhh yesssss..... the old shaking the batteries trick... once I had to do that to the vans battery system, but turns out it was only missing a transmission. Easy fix.. good thing i called my good friend, the pilot to help me out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    I always keep a few shaking batteries in my bag just in case. I keep them right next to my left handed hammer,the board stretcher and those sky hooks always comes in handy. lol
    I went into a local hardware store where I knew the owner very well, had one of his employees come up to me and ask if he could help me find anything, gave him the story that I was looking for a Left Handed hammer, then proceeded to explain to him that there was a difference in the shape and style of hammers where a Right handed hammer was curved a certain way from handle to head and a left handed hammer was curved in the opposite direction. had him completely fooled by it, until Ridgid came out with their line of hammers that were for Left and Right handed people, bought one just to prove that there was actually something as a left handed hammer.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in