+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walk in refrigerators

Post Likes

walk in refrigerators

what happens to the evap coil when the door is left open when a delivery comes, I was told the coil ices up why is that. and also what happens to the walk in when the gaskets are leaking.

Post Likes
    It can ice up in either case. The evaporator coil runs colder than 32 degrees F. The cold coil attracts humidity to it. The only time it gets a chance to thaw out is when the box is down to temperature and the compressor shuts off. If the door is left open too long or the gaskets are bad, the compressor will run too long without enough resting time for it to defrost itself.

Post Likes
    than you that makes total sense do you recommend any good refer books

Post Likes

ICE ON EVAP

YOU CAN AD A DOOR SWITCH TO TURN OFF EVAP FANS WHEN DOOR IS OPENED

Post Likes
    In certain circumstances it could overload the compressors. This is why production walk-in refrigerators and freezers have suction regulators. I've worked on Military containers, that have suction controls and liquid injection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COLEMON2 View Post
    Works great till someone leaves the door open. You then have a real problem.

Post Likes
    This would be a great idea IF you WANT the evap to freeze up. Otherwise, just CLOSE THE DOOR!

Post Likes
    Leaving to door open for deliveries doesn't really bother me.

Now we have a big fundraiser every year at work. I have found that the

kitchen workers will leave the walk in freezer door open for hours at a time

then they wonder why the freezer isn't hold temp? Get them trained

up better now.
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

Post Likes
    This is also why you need a off-cycle defrost to allow the box to defrost its self out, @ lest 2x in 24 HRS. every 12 hrs

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    This would be a great idea IF you WANT the evap to freeze up. Otherwise, just CLOSE THE DOOR!
    depends on amount of common sense

Post Likes

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    In certain circumstances it could overload the compressors. This is why production walk-in refrigerators and freezers have suction regulators. I've worked on Military containers, that have suction controls and liquid injection.
    Nice info thanks for information

Post Likes
    Simple strip curtain helps - costs about $100. It wll pay for itself in months.

Post Likes
    Moved to Refrigeration and ice making forum.

Post Likes
    depends on amount of common sense
    Common sense depicts that lack of airflow will lower the coil temp a lot and it will freeze. Just like A/C. Kitchen workers in restaurants have little or no common sense, much less the ability to care what is happening with the equipment.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rayr View Post
    Common sense depicts that lack of airflow will lower the coil temp a lot and it will freeze. Just like A/C. Kitchen workers in restaurants have little or no common sense, much less the ability to care what is happening with the equipment.
    Are you speaking of the kitchen workers who stack their stuff all the way around the back of the evap?
    Or can you be meaning those kitchen workers who stack their stuff in front of the evap fans?

Post Likes

Lightbulb

If you are experiencing icing problems from delivery personal leaving walk in doors open while they take their sweet time to make their delivery... The solution is simple.

Evap should have toggle switch ( service disconnect ) ie. light switch, that disrupts power to solenoid which in turn pumps condenser down and cycles off and also stops evap fans.... and yes, should also have strip curtains...but not needed for this to work.

And if they do not use it them have your client submit the bill for you to de- ice they wil get the hint real fast...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    If you are experiencing icing problems from delivery personal leaving walk in doors open while they take their sweet time to make their delivery... The solution is simple.

Evap should have toggle switch ( service disconnect ) ie. light switch, that disrupts power to solenoid which in turn pumps condenser down and cycles off and also stops evap fans.... :
    That is well and good, but who do you suppose is going to remember to turn it back on???? A 30 min timer would prove more useful.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    Are you speaking of the kitchen workers who stack their stuff all the way around the back of the evap?
    Or can you be meaning those kitchen workers who stack their stuff in front of the evap fans?
    Actually more like one of these Idiot customers. This is supposed to be a w/i Freezer!!

Post Likes
    Actually more like one of these Idiot customers. This is supposed to be a w/i Freezer!!

Man, and I thought I had seen some bad ones.

Post Likes

I would not let my cat eat out of that disgusting thing.
    Don't they have to keep food off the floor ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in